Stripped Saddles

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

euan

by euan

I stripped an SLR T1 that was really tatty today. Really nice. Just need to smooth off all the edges to make it rideable

Colin

by Colin

MattBeOne wrote:Recently stripped and selle italia SLR XP.

Just wanted to find out the weight of the foam and the deck. and see if it is still rideable. (no experiences yet, need to ride it first :thumbup: )

Pictures:

Thought it might be interesting to show you guys, although it aint that special.

Maybe planning on painting it with some nice graphics in my team colours (Orange/black/white) to match the new bike

So how's it holding up? Is it still comfortable?

Just got one of these off eBay for cheap, and am contemplating whether or not to take the cover/padding off.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lite pete

by lite pete

ive done two and had them like that for a couple of years and they are just as comfy :-)

djconnel

by djconnel

Finally did mine today... leather was peeling off nose anyway. I've not sanded it yet, but it still looks way better than with the peeling leather.

matt_vawter

by matt_vawter

This is intriguing in that I have a saddle in disrepair. Questions:

-Where did you get the leather?
-How did you affix the leather to the saddle shell (plastic) so that it would stick?

Thanks and nice work! :beerchug:

djconnel

by djconnel

Mine? No leather: I just stripped it down to the carbon shell. Honestly it's just as comfortable as before.

LVGH

by LVGH

McJohnson wrote:I would like to see a stripped Prologo Scratch - Anobody got on? :)

Me too. I have a Scratch nack that used to be white. Anyone stripped a Scratch? Is it easy to get it rideable? I didn't find any examples on this forum using the search.

1spd

by 1spd

I recently did the same thing and posted up a thread outlining the whole procedure. I went one step further and swapped the rails as well.

Here's the thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=110261" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rsz_1dsc_0910.jpg

rsz_dsc_0907.jpg

rsz_dsc_0908.jpg

rsz_dsc_0914.jpg

rsz_dsc_0915.jpg

rsz_dsc_0922.jpg

Still debating on whether or not I am going to cut the flow channel in it or not which of course would reduce the weight further. So far my longest ride on it has been 35 miles and I wasn't that sore at all so I'm pretty happy.

I noticed that the weights seem to be different between the saddles posted. I started with an SLR XP w/ vanox rails. I would think that the seat shells were all the same with the difference being in the rails but perhaps I am wrong. None the less, for what I paid into this I really can't complain. (I already had the full carbon seat sitting in a parts bin for over 2 yrs so I consider that a freebie really)

On a side note, I spent some quality time sanding the entire saddle once the leather/padding was stripped. I started with 600 grit and worked my way up to 1500 or 2000. My edges are much smoother now that this has been done and I have not had any problems with it snagging on my shorts.
Cannondale Synapse (alu)...it works