New Ciamillo Gravitas SL

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

robertg

by robertg

Those are some beautiful looking brakes! My KCNC C7's are only 7 grams heavier, but don't look anywhere near as good as those. The Gravitas SL are on my want list real bad.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lechat

by lechat

The C7s may not look as good as the Gravitas, but after comparing prices they start to look a liitle better. Kinda like the womenses at closing time.

Getter

by Getter

Nice! I was only able to afford the Gravitas and not the SL. :p

bura

by bura

robertg wrote:Those are some beautiful looking brakes! My KCNC C7's are only 7 grams heavier, but don't look anywhere near as good as those. The Gravitas SL are on my want list real bad.

If you want to spend around 60 bucks for 1 saved gr then the Gravitas SL are the way to go.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

MOTOMATT
Shop Owner

by MOTOMATT

robertg wrote:Those are some beautiful looking brakes! My KCNC C7's are only 7 grams heavier, but don't look anywhere near as good as those. The Gravitas SL are on my want list real bad.

Thank you :thumbup:

EatEm

by EatEm

My G-SL's arrived a few weeks ago and are now the stopping power on my BMC Impec.
Price was good as I got them at a reduced $$$ (and they look GREAT). :wink:
They work well and wet weather performance is acceptable - better than the Zero Gravitiy's I was using on my BMC Pro Machine.

jz4nyc

by jz4nyc

what kind of brakes were you using prior to the ciamillo's and how would you compare the two?

MOTOMATT
Shop Owner

by MOTOMATT

jz4nyc wrote:what kind of brakes were you using prior to the ciamillo's and how would you compare the two?

I tried the KCNC CB1 Calipers and they were very weak compared to all My Ciamillos's using same pads, .

jz4nyc

by jz4nyc

compared to any of the usual higher end offerings from campy, sram or shimano, what do the gravitas brakes feel like?

1spd

by 1spd

Totally agree. They look awesome for for the money spent a set of C7's sound like such a better deal. I too am curious how a C7 and or these brakes compare (not by weight but function) to a higher end offering like the Campy, Reds, or DA's. Currently have Records and C7's are on my purchase list at the moment.
Cannondale Synapse (alu)...it works

SadPanda

by SadPanda

Long post, summary: Buyer beware dealing with Ted Ciamillo / Ciamillo Components / Zero Gravity

Hi guys,

I’m very sorry to be posting this. This is a warning to all to use caution in your dealings. After being a Zero Gravity user and fan for a long time I am disappointed to have been lied to repeatedly and ultimately screwed out of the money I paid for components over 18 months ago.

I fully documented the whole experience so if mods need to see proof that’s no problem. But to try to keep anyone else from experiencing this, here’s a summary of what led to this post:

April 2011 – purchased a pair of Gravitas brakes from Ted, paid by credit card

August 2011 – received and installed them. They were defective, sent photos/video, Ted confirmed they had a problem and asked me to send them back. Missed riding season, eventually received “fixed” pair later in the Fall.

April 1, 2012 – installed repaired set and the ‘solution’ didn’t work. Ted confirmed he would send a new set.

April 26, 2012 – I follow up with Ted because nothing received and was told “I am looking into it and getting you another set out on Monday.”

May 27, 2012 – With nothing received I request a refund on my credit card. (I asked for the price of goods and just decided to eat the shipping/duty/customs I had to pay twice so far to get the brakes.)

June 5, 2012 – no response, so emailed again. Ted replied “I’ll get a check out to you.”

June 28, 2012 – nothing received, so emailed again.

July 14, 2012 – no response, so emailed again.

July 24, 2012 – no response, so emailed again. “So is Zero Gravity just going to stiff me for five hundred bucks after sending me defective product, twice? Really disappointing…please respond.”

July 24, 2012 – Ted replies “Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.. I will get you a check this week.”
After this point I started calling Ted and we spoke multiple times. He was always friendly and apologetic and said he’d take care of it right away.

Sep 7, 2012 – Ted tells me a check was sent right after Labor Day via USPS flat rate mail and to give it a few days, says he’s confident it was actually sent. Never arrives.

I continued calling him; he’s offered to refund by PayPal several times. But it never comes and every time I call it’s more Kristy was supposed to do that, oh we have money in the account now it will go, I’ll take care of that right away, I’ll get Kristy to do it tonight, etc.

I spoke with Ted two weeks ago and told him that I just didn’t believe him anymore and would stop calling him, and let him know how disappointed I was at the repeated lies. He said he’d take care of it by PayPal that day and of course nothing happened.

The end.

Ted and/or any Zero Gravity representatives that read this, if you want to make amends let me know. To everyone else I will post an update if I ever receive anything.

Elrey

by Elrey

would like to see Ted explain this.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com