Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:30 am
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:58 pm 

I have a set of Campy Hyperon Ultra wheels (1345g) with the stock carbon hubs. The from wheel rim is broken so i now have these sitting around for spares or for a potential future build (not that i build wheels).

I am now riding a set of Techlite Carbon Clinchers (1380g) which have the "ultralight" Novatec Alloy Hubs (Claimed F85g/R245g) and want to know if they are worth a rebuild using my now spare Campy Hyperon Ultra Carbon hubs...........BUT............

Without stripping them down myself i have searched the web for hours to find the claimed weight of the hyperon carbon hubs with no joy at all.

Does anyone know either the claimed or real weight of these Campy hubs and would it be worth rebuilding my Techlites with them?

Any help would be much appreciated

Hyperons: http://www.campagnolo.com/jsp/en/wheels ... tid_11.jsp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Techlites: http://www.techlitewheels.com/wheels/carbon%20clincher" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:58 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:47 pm 
Tubbie Guru

Hi,

Quote:
Without stripping them down myself i have searched the web for hours to find the claimed weight of the hyperon carbon hubs with no joy at all.

Not surprised really. Short of stripping the whhel (pretty easy BTW) and weighing it yourself we'll never know....
Keep in mind the front hub is meant to be used with a 22H rim, not 20.

Have you tried a Campa Pro service center for a quote on a replacement rim? I know it won't be cheap but still.
If that does not work out then maybe a Corima Winium rim custom drilled would do the trick.

Ciao, ;)