Next Gen Campagnolo Record EPS

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rhyslewisdavies

by rhyslewisdavies

Hi all - ive got a Specialized S Works SL4 frame that has internal cable routing and im running 11 speed Campagnolo Record on it.
Im thinking of going the EPS route by buying the upgrade kit (only the electronic bits.)
Does anyone know if EPS will route internally in this frame with no problems - i dont want to see wires anywhere. The other thing bothering me is that battery/control unit. Has anyone found an ingenious way of hiding it yet in the seat tube (sticking it on the down tube or underneath the frame just isnt an option for me.) Or has anyone heard any rumours of a new Campag groupset that manges this a la 2nd gen Dura Ace?
Thanks
Rhys.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

Has anyone found an ingenious way of hiding it yet in the seat tube (sticking it on the down tube or underneath the frame just isnt an option for me.) Or has anyone heard any rumours of a new Campag groupset that manges this a la 2nd gen Dura Ace?

Rumour has it that Campa is going to put out a revised battery unit that can be fitted inside the seat tube in the coming year.

Can't help you with the Spez frame though.

Ciao, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

CrazyErrol

by CrazyErrol

All sl4 frames have internal routing for electronic, it's just where that massive battery goes.

I think there's now a bb mounting kit, I'm trying to confirm this currently, otherwise you're strapping it to the downtube with zip ties I think.

micky

by micky

rhyslewisdavies

by rhyslewisdavies

Great news fdegrove - really hopin that's going to happen. Would definitely look to purchase it then

rhyslewisdavies

by rhyslewisdavies

I really hope that's true Micky!

gregalfa

by gregalfa

Good to hear that EPS will be redesigned a smaller batt. I do not buy EPS becuase of the huge batt
The Great CarboniO

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

There is a new bb mount from specialized, it replaces the cable guide that is. normally there.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

gregalfa wrote:Good to hear that EPS will be redesigned a smaller batt. I do not buy EPS becuase of the huge batt

I would go for EPS if I could right now, regardless of the battery...quality of shifting and shifter ergonomics appeal to me more than a replaceable battery & Di2...

Geoff

by Geoff

It isn't actually as big as I thought that it would be. The thing is narrower on the bike than it looks in photos. I have just received a Helium from Lotto Belisol and against that gigantic downtube, the battery looks positively svelte...

roadhog44

by roadhog44

Geoff wrote:It isn't actually as big as I thought that it would be. The thing is narrower on the bike than it looks in photos. I have just received a Helium from Lotto Belisol and against that gigantic downtube, the battery looks positively svelte...

Never mind all that ...just get pics up when you get it!!

Geoff

by Geoff

Got it! EPS is everything that it is made-out to be. I am very thankful that it is so good. I would have really been in big trouble if Di2 was better...

rhyslewisdavies

by rhyslewisdavies

Thisisatest - is that for real? I've heard that specialized were custom drilling holes in frames and then mounting the battery on OEM bikes

ultraman6970

by ultraman6970

IMO the only way to hide the battery and stuff inside of the bike w/o having mayor issues with the charging plug (drill the seatpost or the frame) is to just built a seatpost with the whole thing inside and with a plug attached to it already, surprise me campagnolo is still waiting for something like that.

rhyslewisdavies

by rhyslewisdavies

At least they are looking to sort it so its just a waiting game now - sent them an email asking when a hidden battery would be released and got this reply:

Dear Mr. Rhys,

of the record, we are working on about this solution, with the power unit placed inside the down tube or inside the seat post. At the moment, I’m not able to give a date of released of this new product but hopefully as soon as possible.

Cordiali Saluti/ Best Regards

Federico Fiori

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com