Superlite and Zero Gravity Brakes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ZeroG
in the industry

by ZeroG

Superlite,

Thanks for the feedback. I would like to speak with your mechanic to find out his opinion on what needs to be added to the instructions. Also, I've realised that I do not have a torque spec for the padholders. I will have that added to the proper value that insures no holder slippage. I am testing that minimum and maximum value now and will get back to you on that.

As far as the setup goes, Chris Horner's pro mechanic at Webcor, Dario Falquier and Jittery Joes pro mechanic, Brian Molloy have both found setup to be easy. I called Brian this morning just to verify that there were no nit-picky items he may have withheld, he said, " so easy, run the cable, adjust the pads and cable adjuster and you're done... you don't have to dick with it".

I have to say, in Brian's case, he has a lot of experience with my brakes so I'm not saying your mechanic's complaint is invalid. I would just like to develop the instructions to the point that setup is as easy for all mechanics as it is for Brian.
Again, thank you much for the feedback.

CP

by CP

Superlite,
Got your mail responded, then forwarded same response again
CP

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spytech

by spytech

superlite, what pads did you find best on the cat brakes? maybe i can switch out mine, see if their is any improvement over the stock ones.

Superlite

by Superlite

Your still using stock CAT brake pads!? Those things are junk! Cripes man, throw them out, go get some kool stop, or shimano 7800 pads at least.

spytech

by spytech

Superlite wrote:Your still using stock CAT brake pads!? Those things are junk! Cripes man, throw them out, go get some kool stop, or shimano 7800 pads at least.

yeah, they have worked well - um, but i will replace them with some kool stops, see uf their is a big difference.