Ax Lightness “ax.full” Carbon Brake Shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sedluk

by sedluk

I quick write up on what I think will be my new favorite brake shoe. A set of 4 with cork pads weighs 41 grams. I took the little wings off with a dremel, I just don’t like the looks. I like the little screw that keeps the pad secure and I like how they tighten up. They weighed 6 grams each before my dremel work.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

artray

by artray

I have tuned my KCNC pads . I cut off the little triangle bit and sanded them down a bit .
They are just over 6grms a pad before being tuned , so I would imagine they are at least 6grms or under as that triangle is quite hefty . No close up pics but you can see them on my Trek in the gallery.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Considered taking those triangles off my KCNCs too. After all these years, I don't even know what that triangle is for? :noidea: Feel quite silly really.

Anyway, nice brake shoes

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

They are meant to be sort of a guide for the wheel should you have to change it in a hurry.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.

steff

by steff

sedluk wrote:I quick write up on what I think will be my new favorite brake shoe. A set of 4 with cork pads weighs 41 grams. I took the little wings off with a dremel, I just don’t like the looks. I like the little screw that keeps the pad secure and I like how they tighten up. They weighed 6 grams each before my dremel work.

It was exactly my idea to upgrade my brakes
do you have pics after your work and weight now ?