Fork Question: 1.125 Steerer in Tapered Head Tube ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ldamelio

by ldamelio

Hi - I had the need to replace the fork on a custom painted ti bike and got a new Enve 2.0 painted to match. The fork's steerer tube and frame's head tube are both standard 1.125 non-integrated on this bike. About a month later, the frame developed a crack in the seat tube and is now off for warranty. Not sure what I'm going to get back, or if I even want it at that point, so I've been looking at new frames. Given that it's a great fork, near new, I'm cheap, and it will be hard to sell a custom painted fork, I'd like to reuse it. Some of the bikes I'm looking at have tapered or oversized head tubes. Is it possible to use the standard 1.125 fork in this situation ? If so, what headsets should I be looking at ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Gregorio

by Gregorio

I know Cane Creek has Adapters that should get you what you need. You can probably just buy the lower bearing and race.
You may be better calling them to speak to someone on the phone so you get exactly the part you need.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Yes. Wheels Manufacturing makes an adapter that makes it possible to use a standard fork in a tapered headtube.