Foss inner tubes . Flat as a pancake

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

artray

by artray

I thought I would try some Foss inner tubes. Put on a brand new Schwalbe R1 tyre at the rear and the front is nearly new . 2nd day out and got a flat. The tyre went down instant . I was expecting a great big hole in my tyre as the tubes are supposed to stop flats .It was a tiny hole. This is the exact type of flat that they say the tube will not go down . What a let down . One good thing is that they do sit in the tyre very well . Feel like there you tube vid is a bit of a con...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-29bEDFT9Xo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

I ride them in cross and never have any problems. I have flatted them out MTBing as well but they were pinch flats in rocky as situations. Took a while for them to actually go down instead of instant. Might possibly be faulty

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

artray

by artray

The hole was tiny . Almost pin size so I was suprised it went down so quick. Strange thing happened while I was giving a guitar lesson this evening . I keep my bike in my studio room . The tyre just went down . I never seen that happen before :unbelievable: I checked it out and theres no holes, the Foss patch is intact . I pumped it back up and it seems fine.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Check the valve maybe? :noidea: Have you checked the tire itself, nothing stuck in it?

artray

by artray

I have checked everything . The tube has stayed up . I went for a ride today and it all seems good .
I do like the way the roll .
Cheers Derek :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

No probs. I find that they are a little like latex tubes in that they eventually deflate, but no where near as fast as latex, eg overnight. Normally after a week of no riding and they need a pump up or so. That reminds me I need to actually buy some more as running them quite low seems to be fine. Not tubular low but I can't find any CX size latex tubes around so these are the next best thing I reckon