my project CAAD10 = 14.79lbs

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Hobiek

by Hobiek

When I started my build I was hoping for 15lb to 16lb, but the closer the 15lbs the happier I would be. When they put my bike on the scale I did a double take to make sure the 14.18 was right. Needless to say I was shocked. It may not be the lightest CAAD10 around but, it's enough for me and i'm happy with the end results. I can't say enough good things about the CAAD10 and the LBS (Atlanta Cycling - Vinings) that built the bike and service they provided. I went from an 18lbs-ish bike to a sub 15lbs bike and it's amazing how much faster it feels and the climbs seem to go by a little faster. I've only put 50 miles on it and it's rides and handles great. :D

Just an FYI, that's 14.79lbs with pedals, bottle cage, safety light and computer (the whole 9 yards), enjoy the picks. Sorry about the low lighting.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fa63

by fa63

Hobiek wrote:I went from an 18lbs-ish bike to a sub 15lbs bike and it's amazing how much faster it feels and the climbs seem to go by a little faster.

Enjoy the placebo effect while it lasts :wink:

Good looking bike though, enjoy :thumbup:

ajmit3

by ajmit3

Very Very Nice ! I love the black/white colour scheme....

I've got the Black/Green CAAD10....

Could you post the build list ? :D

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Build list for sure.

As that's quite impressive!

Hobiek

by Hobiek

Build list:

CAAD10 size 52
3T Team stem
3T Team bars
3T Bar tape
Fizik Antares saddle with braided rails
Fizik safety light
Omni Racing seat post
SRAM Red groupset set except for the brakes
Token Accura brakes
Token C22A wheelset with Token Skewers
Gore Ride On cables (came with the RED Set, who knew, not me).
Maxxis tires and tubes
Speedplay Zero Pedals
Stradalli carbon bottle cages
Omni Racing TI bottle cage bolts
Cat Eye computer with cadence

ah .... I think that's everything. I was being cost-conscious and didn't by the lightest items I would find. The whole cost benefit thing and I had a budget (hard to believe). I really don't want to think about how much I really spent, it's just a blur and I want to keep it that way. Thinking about changing the fork and lighter crankset. And Thanks ... now If only I can get faster and better, my next BIG challenge.

fa63 = I hope the placebo effect never wears off.

loco2546

by loco2546

what's the weight on those wheelset..? clincher..?

djay001

by djay001

On token website they say than this is a 1340g wheelset, basically these wheel seems to be a kinlin xr-200 rim with token tiramic hubset. The rim got the same dimension and weight of the xr-200.

by cons, it must be said that generally wheelbuilder are not recommended a set of wheels with Kinlin xr-200 with 20/24 spoke for people over 140 pounds even 130 on some website

stein

by stein

Congrats on a really nice build. The white seat and bar tape looks great, and the bright red skewers add some colour. You say you are thinking about upgrading your crankset, but the Red cranks are among the lightest you can find unless you go for the more exotic ones, but then you wont have a budget build anymore. But you can definately loose some weight on the original chainrings. And a set of lightweight black rings would look so much better than the SRAM ones.
Why does Shimano paint their groupsets the way they do? If i wanted fifty shades of grey - I'd buy the book.

loco2546

by loco2546

djay001 wrote:

On token website they say than this is a 1340g wheelset, basically these wheel seems to be a kinlin xr-200 rim with token tiramic hubset. The rim got the same dimension and weight of the xr-200.

by cons, it must be said that generally wheelbuilder are not recommended a set of wheels with Kinlin xr-200 with 20/24 spoke for people over 140 pounds even 130 on some website

Great that u mentioned this kinlin XR200 rims as i am planning to have custom build around 1240 or 1250 grams, with ultralight hubs sold by bikehubstore and with sapim cx ray spokes . u think it will last and be stiff as well. I weight 130 to 135 pounds sometimes.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I would agree about the comments about the Xr-200 which is why at my 79kg I have a 28 spoke rear wheel. That seems stable enough.

You will have to let us know how your wheels hold up.

Nice bike.

1spd

by 1spd

I run a 24/28 and weigh in at about 175 lbs. I have two sets of wheels built w/ this spoke count. One set is a Velocity Aero head and the other is the Velocity Deep V. The Deep V's are stiffer for sure but the weight on both rims are on the heavy side. None the less, I'm not stressed about them failing at all. I guess this is one place that I am willing to take a little weight. Don't get me wrong, I want to keep the wheels (the Aero heads) on the lighter side but at about 15-1600g. The other seat is definitely heavier by a fair amount. I wanted to build something with the Kenlin rims but really didn't want to take a chance of them failing down the road.

Nice build and great initial weight drop! Just like the bulk of us there is still room to shed more weight.
Cannondale Synapse (alu)...it works

djconnel

by djconnel

Nice!

zambony

by zambony

very nice! Can't wait to get mine finished as well (cyclocross version)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com