New Guy And Past Rides Here

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

SeanDingo

by SeanDingo

Hey everyone!

I'm new to this forum or any other cycling forum but I've been riding competitively for the last 11 (since I was 13) years with 2008-2012 being a sort of break time determining if this was a sport I really wanted to continue doing.

Historically I am track sprinter (6'2 190lb) so big and fat when compared to a climber but raced road pretty regularly. In July I had a pretty bad training accident that left me hospitalized and with a destroyed bike and wondering if cycling is something I want to reunite with...and here I am.

At the moment I am riding a loaner from my team until the S-Works Venge I want comes in February, but my past notable rides are in pictures below. Needless to say, for my age I've had lots of sponsors in the past who were very generous to provide me with equipment to help me reach a decent level of competition. A coach of mine made me hate the bike, but thats no excuse for not performing given the things and chances I once had. However, all that negativity is behind me now and I'd like to think my love for riding is back more than ever so I look forward to adding to the conversation and taking away a few things from everyone.

Cervelo R2.5 (Broke the bottom bracket lug...recalled frame)

Guru Maestro

Kuota KOM

Look 595 Ultra (The best bike I have ever owned)

Ritte Bosberg (broken in July)

Bridgestone PHM9 (Past Track Bike)

Koga Kimera (Current Track Bike)

Team Edition Hulot (Current Loaner Bike)

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Welcome! :welcome:

Damn, son you break a lot of bikes.
Do you still have that 595 Ultra?

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with a coach. A person should never hate riding a bike!
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SeanDingo

by SeanDingo

prendrefeu wrote:Welcome! :welcome:

Do you still have that 595 Ultra?

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with a coach. A person should never hate riding a bike!

Unfortunately I have broken almost every bike I own with the exception of the Look and the Bridgestone and a few others. I sold the look two years ago to some lucky rider and wish I had it back.

As far as the coach goes, I wasn't the only rider he pushed so hard that they started to hate the sport. I'll leave names out of it, but I've finally gotten back to the place where I love it again.

CaptainP

by CaptainP

prendrefeu wrote:---

---

This! But the bikes you have broke, is it because of crashes or because af the bike itself?

SeanDingo

by SeanDingo

CaptainP wrote:
prendrefeu wrote:---

---

This! But the bikes you have broke, is it because of crashes or because af the bike itself?

The R2.5, I pulled the bottom bracket lug out in a sprint but it soon became one of the bikes in a recall.

The Guru, I snapped the non drive side stronglite crank in half and ended up cracking the top tube from hitting it with my thigh (ouch)

The Bosberg, I was T boned by another rider going 30 mph in aerobars and not paying attention. Woke up when i was being strapped to a back board.

The Kuota KOM, I was riding and a person did a "squirrel". She ran in the middle of the street and without looking ran back the other way. When I let her know I was there she stopped and met me with my front wheel.

SeanDingo

by SeanDingo

Juanmoretime wrote::welcome: Welcome to the forum. Chicagoland area I take it. My brother in law races with XXX.

I went to UIUC and know a bunch of riders down there.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Whoa, seeing the drop on that Koga made me a bit dizzy.

With all the bikes you have broken, have you considered a steel frame like the Pego, Big Leg Emma?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SeanDingo

by SeanDingo

Stolichnaya wrote:Whoa, seeing the drop on that Koga made me a bit dizzy.

With all the bikes you have broken, have you considered a steel frame like the Pego, Big Leg Emma?

I have, but not the biggest fan of Pego even though I have ridden a lot of them.

All the bikes were replaced with no charge with the exception of the Bosberg so in essence the breaks weren't that bad, just a bump in the road.