What is the original asian manufacturer of the FM-015 frame?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Velofreak

by Velofreak

Hello. I own a FM015 asian frame. I bought it from Hong-Fu, but ?´ve read somewhere that hong-fu, or deng-fu or all this asian sellers are just sellers, not manufacturers.

As i´m going to order some custom decals for my frame, I'd like to know who is the real manufacturer. Then, I'd like to look for the name of the manufacturer in chinese, with chinese fonts, and then i will order my custom decals. Any help would be welcome. thanks in advance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cnbky

by cnbky

i dont know the answer but i like the idea. loud and proud.

do put up photos when you get it done.

(perhaps call the seller if you havent at all?)

or @elviento will have an answer for you.

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

I also do not know the answer but I'd like to ask where you are planning on getting decals made. I'm in the market.

eric

by eric

You can get water slide decal paper and print the decal using a color printer.

cathyandrob

by cathyandrob

I visited the Hong-Fu factory about 18 months or so ago, about an hour taxi ride outside Shenzhen.

Toured the whole factory. Let me take pics etc. I'm a nobody, but I just called them and they let me come and visit.

Defiantly making frames there, about 100 employees.

Search for " I have a date with Jenny at Hong fu" or similar on MTBR if you want to see it.

Rob

Velofreak

by Velofreak

Please, do not quote the above post

I saw that article already. I also spoke with jenny many times through skype. The conclusion from that article was that that factory was fly bikes, not hong-fu. Hong fu has no factory apparently, they are just traders, or brokers.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

bobbyOCR

by bobbyOCR

I might be up for some decals too. I've had time to settle into my 015 and it is great fun to ride.

Merry Christmas!
Cyclist turned music producer

Visiting South West Australia? Visit Crank n' Cycles!

Velofreak

by Velofreak

happy new year everyone!!

I´ve found that the original producer of these frames is not hog fu, nor deng fu. the producer is Fly Bikes. This is their website:

http://www.hz-bikes.com/index.php?ac=ar ... ad&did=340

Also called HuiZhoe Flybike. I have no asian fonts on my computer just yet, and in their website the asian words for their brand is in jpg format, not in vectorial text format. So I can not do much just yet, but i have some Chinese colleagues at work, so I can ask them for help on this. I will do some design proposals on Adobe Illustrator and will post them here. To get the decals, a friend of mine has a "plotter" for cutting vinyls, with very good quality and low prices, but any other source with good quality would be welcome.

My frame is 3k carbon mate, so my idea is to make the decals in just transparent glossy vinyl, so it will create a subtle contrast but it will keep the stealth look. I will keep you updated of the progress.

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Hey Velofreak, I don't think its worth starting a new thread for this simple question, so I'll ask it here, hope you don't mind...

Is the FM-015 a copy/open mould of the Fuji Altamira? I think the two look the same, though I am yet to find anything on the two being similar/same
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

BobSantini

by BobSantini

Velofreak wrote:happy new year everyone!!

I´ve found that the original producer of these frames is not hog fu, nor deng fu. the producer is Fly Bikes. This is their website:

http://www.hz-bikes.com/index.php?ac=ar ... ad&did=340" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also called HuiZhoe Flybike. I have no asian fonts on my computer just yet, and in their website the asian words for their brand is in jpg format, not in vectorial text format. So I can not do much just yet, but i have some Chinese colleagues at work, so I can ask them for help on this. I will do some design proposals on Adobe Illustrator and will post them here. To get the decals, a friend of mine has a "plotter" for cutting vinyls, with very good quality and low prices, but any other source with good quality would be welcome.

My frame is 3k carbon mate, so my idea is to make the decals in just transparent glossy vinyl, so it will create a subtle contrast but it will keep the stealth look. I will keep you updated of the progress.

There's no mention og the FM028 or 029 among their frames. I thought they came from the same source as the 015. Maybe they license the design from someone else.
r o y g b i v

eric

by eric

Or they might not have those frames on their web site.

If you want to tell if a given generic frame is from an identical mold as a commercial frame, you need to compare the geometry. It should be the same in all sizes. And every detail on the two frames must be identical (except paint of course).

ms6073

by ms6073

verycreativeusername wrote:Is the FM-015 a copy/open mould of the Fuji Altamira? I think the two look the same, though I am yet to find anything on the two being similar/same
Not likely. Geometry aside, comparing tube shapes and you will see that the Altamira top and down tubes have very different shapes when compared with the FM-015:

- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

winky

by winky

I think that Flybike is the original OEM manufacturer. The other guys, even Jenny from Hongfu, are resellers or some type of middle men. The resellers, or whatever you call them, often share office space with the parent company. Sometimes, they are right next door, or sometimes right down the street from each other.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com