Anders CAAD10 for the 2013 season (Di2 installation)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Anders

by Anders

That is a good idea, but does it prevent scratches completely? I'm thinking it's quite thin and a bit hard? Maybe I could use one or two thin bands of it to hold the Jagwire protectors in place?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CWDK

by CWDK

I'm quite excited about the weight and pictures for final build.

Ser godt ud ;)

Anders

by Anders

It's a long wait. The only good thing is I wouldn't ride it in the weather we have at the moment. I expect it will end around 6,8 kg. I'm plan to order the levers and FD after new year and I should be able to complete the build and post some pictures. After that I have a little wheel project to start on.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

New SRAM Red is very very good, but better shifting than Dura Ace 9000? I personally don't think so

CWDK

by CWDK

6.8 sounds great. Especially for that size frame. Hopefully i can get my 58cm caad10-1 around 6.8 too.

And yea the weather in Denmark is bad for bling road bikes :)

Anders

by Anders

44 Pillar nipples for my new wheels, must be the world most expensive but they are very nice. Just got my Assault rims at 460g and 453g and got my eyes on a used Specialized Roval 20H front hub to match the DT Swiss LF07 I have on the way. Should build a 1400g wheelset with CX-ray spokes.

Anders

by Anders

My rear hub came in the post today. The most interresting thing is that there in very small letters are printed prototype on it like the ones Quick Step used in 2009 with a 1:1 lacing. http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/q ... els-17532/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interresting how CRC got hold of these hubs. They will be a nice contrast on the bike and match the Red components.

Peter_E

by Peter_E

I have som wheels from the quickstep team with those hubs but carbon hubshell front and rear and Campy hyperon rims. Great wheels. What spokes are you using?

Anders

by Anders

Peter_E wrote:I have som wheels from the quickstep team with those hubs but carbon hubshell front and rear and Campy hyperon rims. Great wheels. What spokes are you using?

If available in straight pull I would put DT Comp Aero on the rear DS and cx-ray for the rest. But I haven't seen them available yet in SP, so it might be cx-ray all over. The 2:1 lacing should also ensure even spoke tension on the rear. I have my eyes on a Roval carbon front hub to match, but they are not often for sale.

Anders

by Anders

I received my used Assault rims and was quite disapointed about their finish as I removed the decals. The graphics were still visible as the clear coat was like new underneath. Everywhere else UV and use had made the clear coat yellow and scratched. I sanded the remaining clear coat off with some 320 corn and finished off with wet sanding with corn 600. Finally I gave it a single spray with matt clear coat. As the rims are UD it was quite easy to do the sanding. The result is like having new rims and it was much easier than I had expected. I have some Reynolds Fouty Six decals on the way but need to decide if I want to put them on or not. will probably wait to the wheels have been build. Next thing could be to get the seatpost matt to match the other components.

MagnusH

by MagnusH

Anders wrote:I received my used Assault rims

Pics of the rims on a scale, or it didn't happen :smartass:

Just kidding oc, but would be nice to know the weight :wink:

Anders

by Anders

They are 450g each.

Elrey

by Elrey

I would put them on. Nice with a little Reynolds bling.

Anders

by Anders

Finally my bike is rideable after installing the gears. Weight is 6.73 kg but when my new wheels are assenbled is should be around 6.5 kg.

Anders

by Anders

The front hub is finished. Weight is 90g.

Bought like this:

After the carbon was sanded and mat clear coated

After painting the flanges

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com