Specialized S-Works Venge Di2 Battery Mount

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Lionlin

by Lionlin

Just bought a S-works venge frame.Going to build with my 7970 Di2 Componements,
2013 Venge Expert UI2 got a battery mount under BB,but it seems did not come with
my S-works Frame.

It there any way to get this mount?

Not much picture about this...

Lion

freemyheel
Shop Owner

by freemyheel

Have your dealer order the bb mount from specialized. It came with at least some of the mclaren venges. I can probably get you the part number tomorrow. I don't have any photos on hand, but it comes with a carbon cover. Adds weight but does the job well.
K.P.A.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Geoff

by Geoff

The mount on my McLaren Venge is attached to female threaded alloy fittings integral to the downtube. It is forward of the bottom bracket and not as it appears in that photo.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Get a caflee internal seat post battery.. My mate just bulit a project black with di2 and got a seat post battery. Looks great and it was a piece of cake to install. :thumbup:

freemyheel
Shop Owner

by freemyheel

@geoff: true, it's a little different than the op's picture. But it does get the battery clear of the water bottle mounts. Which (I'm assuming) is the reason for the question. Short of drilling the frame and installing new threaded inserts I don't think it's possible to install the battery on the frame in question as its pictured.
Agreed on the Calfee internal design, that's a very trick way to hide the battery.
K.P.A.

Lionlin

by Lionlin

Thanks a lot,my local dealer seems know nothing about this,they don`t even have
any Di2 Venge in stock...

Calfee`s battery is my second choice,it need some modification instead of "Plug & Play".

I need this mount to get rid of battery...On my beautiful Venge`s downtube! :twisted:

Lion

Geoff

by Geoff

My version of the Venge has the Di2 battery on the leading edge of the downtube ahead of the bottom bracket. The frame has fittings installed at the time of the construction of the frameset.

virenque

by virenque

I've only seen the Limited Venge with Campagnolo EPS with the dedicated battery mount on the down tube, the 2 holes allow you to directly mount the battery on the downtube with the short battery mount. All other Venge does not have the 2 hole, I'm not sure about the Mclaren as I've not seen one before. All other Venge can have the battery mount below the bottom bracket via a new mount bracket.

freemyheel
Shop Owner

by freemyheel

That part number is S139900027. Labelled as "msc my13 venge carbon cover kit for di2/ui2 battery. Retail is probably somewhere around 120 for it. Depending on availability, I don't see why any specialized dealer couldn't get it for you.
K.P.A.

Lionlin

by Lionlin

Spending few hours to get di2 compo clean...
Will Complete tomorrow.

Still need to get the battery mount,need your help! :thumbup:

CerveloMikey

by CerveloMikey

Search eBay for user name "eapathome" or "internal Di2 battery". You can get a plug and play battery from him that is lighter and lasts longer that the Shimano battery. He has cracked the Canbus dilemma with the new wiring harness. I have the old Di2 system and a 750mah battery has lasted me since March 9, 2012 with 3000 miles and it is blinking green which is 50% battery life. If you can't find it send me a PM and I will give you his email address.
R2.5 / R3 / S-Works 29er (20 lbs) / S-Works SL4 Di2 (14.7 lbs)

Lionlin

by Lionlin

Just found his ebay pages.
A little pricy but seems good,and free from dirt。

CerveloMikey thanks a lot for the information. :wink:

Lion

Lionlin

by Lionlin

finally...

laxer29

by laxer29

Any idea if this bracket works for the Tarmac SL4 as well?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

FWIW my 2013 S-WORKS Venge came with the parts to mount under the BB (not the carbon cover on the McLaren) but I had to order the short battery mount to use what Specialized included for its BB battery mount.

The cover I am told rattles and collects a lot of gunk under there, plus it's fugly.

I have the regular (exposed) BB battery and it gets dirty in wet riding but works fine.

I considered upgrading to a BTR2 internal but like the ease of swapping batteries and charging them that way as opposed to plugging in my entire bike.
carbonLORD.com