Veloviewer - a bit of fun for Strava users

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

maggierose
Shop Owner

by maggierose

Here's mine for no other reason that I wanted to post it after uploading all of my rides. Cool site!

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Tinea Pedis wrote:People make new segments around here all the time. I took up Strava in 2010, there were maybe half a dozen in total for the region. Now there's dozens on each ride :unbelievable:

Try commuting in London. My 15k route to work has about 5 million segments. Every section of road seemingly has a 'KOM'. :?

Sometimes I like to find a short little segment from one of my commutes, and the next day I'll go and give it a sprint. Just to trigger that 'Some bugger just halved the time on your KOM' email. :evil: :evil:
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

A mate of mine, who makes quite a few segments, hates getting that email.

So I hunt his down just to wind him up :lol: which, really, is almost Strava's best use :lol:

That said, as I have data on there from pretty much when I started racing (2010) it's excellent to be able to track my improvements up climbs. When you look back at times HR and power held 2 years ago and compare it to present day it makes all the intervals and hard work in that time worth it.

Gregorio

by Gregorio

I hate those emails too. But for kicks, I went and took every kom that a guy I know had, but waited until I had them all until I uploaded those rides. So he got 8 or 9 of those emails all at the same time.

jvanv8

by jvanv8

Last edited by jvanv8 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

Forgot to post my sig pic. I'm new to this Strava thing and yes I am addicted.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Tinea Pedis wrote:Yeah that would blow.

But you can filter by age, weight, etc. That might help you feel a little better?

Good idea, but unfortunately the winner in my age group is Marco Pinotti!

djm

by djm

Leviathan: Now all you need to do is age more gracefully than Marco Pinotti, somehow! :-)

I thought I was flying up Col de Sollér from the Bunyola side this summer, only to come home and see my time was way off the Strava top 10 or even 20. The KOMs on your island are hard to beat. In my defense it was mid day with temps between 37 and 39°C going up the col.. My attempt to set a good PB on Col dells Reis was hampered by 40°C and a cortado in Sa Calobra 5x the amount of caffeine I was used to. The KOM on Col dells Reis is insanely good..!

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

This spring Wiggins did Sa Calobra 3 times in 20 minutes each time. Not much slower than some people descend it!

Rob1519

by Rob1519

On the topic of Strava, I found this to be somewhat amusing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPNCgda4 ... e=youtu.be

erty65

by erty65

Rodrego Hernandez wrote:This spring Wiggins did Sa Calobra 3 times in 20 minutes each time. Not much slower than some people descend it!
How mant watts did that require?

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Dunno exactly, about a googillion, its a VAM of 2450- :? Only time I went up to El Nudo at the same time as the Sky guys last Spring they were fast, but not THAT fast.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

If you've seen the doco A Year In Yellow it'd be a fair guess he motorpaced up it.