Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About
It is currently Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062


All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:41 pm
Posts: 630
They have been v clever with that new scheme to make it look more balanced than the previous model. Get it built up so we can have a proper look!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:57 pm
Posts: 228
Location: The Netherlands
nismosr wrote:
I am a big fan of Tune speedneedle which I have on the slr and 595 but since the mount on the s5 won't take any carbon rails, I'm thinking of getting a low profile saddle like maybe selle italia slr ti.


With a little modification you will get the seatpost mount work with carbon saddle rail. I've been riding for a year now with a tune komm-vor on my S5.

The Ciamillo brakes you have, are they wide enough for the firecrest rims?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:16 pm
Posts: 365
Location: Austin, Texas
It's like most new things, whether it is new paint schemes or new shapes - I thought the 2013 paint scheme was horrible on first glance.

It is starting to look better. Can't wait to see this one built up!

How is the quality of the paint? I'm seeing some blemishes in the pictures but not sure if they are smudges or actual problems in the finish.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 5:15 pm
Posts: 730
marcob wrote:
nismosr wrote:
I am a big fan of Tune speedneedle which I have on the slr and 595 but since the mount on the s5 won't take any carbon rails, I'm thinking of getting a low profile saddle like maybe selle italia slr ti.


With a little modification you will get the seatpost mount work with carbon saddle rail. I've been riding for a year now with a tune komm-vor on my S5.

The Ciamillo brakes you have, are they wide enough for the firecrest rims?


what kind a modification did you do ? I believed the ciamillo that i have will work on the wider rims it is the newest model they have. although my zipp is the pre firecrest version 2011 Toroidal shape.

_________________
Colnago C50
2013 Colnago C59
2013 Cervelo S5


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 5:15 pm
Posts: 730
natiedean24 wrote:
It's like most new things, whether it is new paint schemes or new shapes - I thought the 2013 paint scheme was horrible on first glance.

It is starting to look better. Can't wait to see this one built up!

How is the quality of the paint? I'm seeing some blemishes in the pictures but not sure if they are smudges or actual problems in the finish.


paint quality is not the bad but not the greatest, since it's matte black it's totally different finish with paint job with clearcoat on it. the blemish you see in the pictures are oil stain.

_________________
Colnago C50
2013 Colnago C59
2013 Cervelo S5


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:25 pm
Posts: 551
looks wild. The BMC in the background looks nice to


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 5:15 pm
Posts: 730
Monkeyboy3333 wrote:
They have been v clever with that new scheme to make it look more balanced than the previous model. Get it built up so we can have a proper look!


Believe me I can't wait too, still waiting for the bar, fd and saddle to arrive.

_________________
Colnago C50
2013 Colnago C59
2013 Cervelo S5


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 5:15 pm
Posts: 730
Rumsas wrote:
looks wild. The BMC in the background looks nice to


THanks .. link to BMC thread

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=105401

_________________
Colnago C50
2013 Colnago C59
2013 Cervelo S5


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:57 pm
Posts: 228
Location: The Netherlands
nismosr wrote:
what kind a modification did you do ? I believed the ciamillo that i have will work on the wider rims it is the newest model they have. although my zipp is the pre firecrest version 2011 Toroidal shape.


I filed down the alu parts on witch the saddle rail leans a bit, you have to use a small round file.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:30 am
Posts: 861
Location: So Cal
The Ciamillo's will work. I have a pair of GSL and Gravitas on my FC 404. Make sure they have the "super low profile" pad holders.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 5:15 pm
Posts: 730
zipp bar came in today ..

Image

_________________
Colnago C50
2013 Colnago C59
2013 Cervelo S5


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:02 am
Posts: 382
Location: Danmark
Normally i hate big bulky aero frames, but this build looks really great!

Would also be fun to see the finished bike with your Circus Monkey/Nemesis wheels on it :twisted:

_________________
Tumblr
Instagram
Kaptajn Webstore


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 5:15 pm
Posts: 730
CaptainP wrote:
Normally i hate big bulky aero frames, but this build looks really great!

Would also be fun to see the finished bike with your Circus Monkey/Nemesis wheels on it :twisted:



Thanks, I'm just waiting for the FD from ribble. sure will try to put that on the S5 as soon as this build is done.

_________________
Colnago C50
2013 Colnago C59
2013 Cervelo S5


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:02 am
Posts: 382
Location: Danmark
nismosr wrote:
CaptainP wrote:
Normally i hate big bulky aero frames, but this build looks really great!

Would also be fun to see the finished bike with your Circus Monkey/Nemesis wheels on it :twisted:



Thanks, I'm just waiting for the FD from ribble. sure will try to put that on the S5 as soon as this build is done.


Make sure to post some photos then! :beerchug:

_________________
Tumblr
Instagram
Kaptajn Webstore


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 5:15 pm
Posts: 730
installed the cables today ...

Image

_________________
Colnago C50
2013 Colnago C59
2013 Cervelo S5


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2013 Cervelo R3 and eTap

in Road

stripes

10

847

Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:03 am

liketoride View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Cervelo S2 2009/2010 or R3 2013?

in Road

KAoslo

11

812

Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:33 am

clm2206 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Boardman AIR 9.2 2013

in Road

Pirlo

0

266

Sun May 22, 2016 9:51 pm

Pirlo View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2013 Canyon Aeroad ??

in Road

therouler

5

640

Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:25 pm

sawyer View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Just pulled the trigger on Evo Hi mod 2013.

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

tarmackev

1

519

Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:21 pm

burglarboycie View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], caballero, Dynamo00, em3, jch3n, pdiomidis, rovale and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited