My Bianchi's

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

E777L

by E777L

How do Veloflex Corsa 23 compare to things like Continental Competition, which is what many use of my friends use here?

Incidentally, the FFWD wheels I bought (pics this weekend!) came with Verdestein Fortezza TriComp, my first foray into the world of tubulars as you know. I used the free Veloflex tape included with the wheels also, despite most people telling me to glue them... I hope I don't regret the experiment.

I envy your componentry range Koen :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Thanks Eric,

If you dont like the tape, you can always revert to glue later on.
As for the tires - this is my opinion - the veloflex offer a way better ride as the casing is much more supple. This comes at a cost though, they won't last as long or be as puncture proof. It really comes down to where you ride, which season etc.

Will be waiting for your pics with the FFWD celeste wheels!

E777L

by E777L

After months of searching, finally here is the matching FFWD F6R wheels! Have yet to weigh them but they are the DT Swiss 240 version, with a claimed weight of 1355g. They have a 60mm DARC profile which some have compared to Zipp's Firecrest design. Skewers are quite light and branded FFWD though in the traditional red/white font.

Hubs close-up - http://i49.tinypic.com/2r1zexh.jpg
Side view shot - http://i49.tinypic.com/2rdi7oh.jpg

The front tyre is not yet taped, hence why there are no SwissStop FlashPro yellow pads yet. I have ridden just 50km with the rear and it felt both smooth (165psi selected at random - it bounced over 2 bumps) and laterally rigid. Braking is smooth as is the hub that spins with less friction than the Shimano DA on my CL24 clinchers and it's not as noisy as some people warned me about. They wheel holds speed well past 35 km/h - in my mind at least. The Verdestein tyre too seemed to have less rolling resistance but just as much grip in corners compared to the Michelin Pro 3 I use.

Overall, the bike's bar tape should have been Lizard Skins instead of Cinelli cork, and the chain a gold KMC X10SL instead of a Shimano DA, but these are consumables I can replace in time... otherwise this is now a full custom built replica of the 2012 Vacansoleil-DCM pro bike (down to the FSA K-Force brakes and red/white components, instead of Shimano DA and K-Force celeste/white components on the complete bike you can buy from Bianchi dealers).

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Fantastic job Eric.
You'll be happy with the wheels, I rode them too but the standard version.
Maybe a white cableset once it needs replacing ?
How much does it weigh completed ?
Last edited by strobbekoen on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

I like the side shot :thumbup:

E777L

by E777L

Good morning :) I estimate 6.7kg since I haven't been able to weigh all components, but here are the full details - in honour of the Weight Weenies website's reason for being! With the Polar S725 and mini pump, I am UCI-compliant :lol: Going Garmin next year.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=83772&p=933057
Last edited by E777L on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

E777L

by E777L

Thanks kgt and yes Koen, white cableset to complete the look! Wish I could have bought a Royale saddle too... but n/a

E777L

by E777L

The 2013 Oltre XR Team model is out now! I wonder what they will bring to my city for the Tour Down Under in January (first ProTour event) ... usually you go up to the team and ask for any memorabilia, and they claim they still only have the old gear. Clever way to get rid of people :lol:

I don't know if the extra blue and black seatpost does it for me... and I can't believe the extra yellow, when the Vacansoleil-DCM logo is more gold.

They are now running: obviously 11-speed! Campy Super Record EPS (ex Shimano DA), still an FSA K-Force crankset but this time a BB386 EVO (ex BB30), FSA SLK brake calipers (instead of the higher K-Force), integrated bar/stem FSA Plasma (ex K-Force) and new Elite Sior Mio carbon (upgrade from Elite Custom). The saddle is a new interpretation of the Bianchi-San Marco Regale. Wheels luckily unchanged considering what I went through to get them :)

I still like ours Koen :thumbup:

Okkie

by Okkie

Looks familiar.. :)

Mine, with Campa Athena carbon 11SP and my Mavic Cosmics.

Too be honest.. the wheels on the bike above are a bit too much for me.

E777L

by E777L

Nice bike finish Okkie, you will be pleased they now run Campag? :) I agree about the 60mm wheels but what can you do, they are the authentic item! FFWD actually also does a 40mm celeste wheel but that's for the team only...

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Oltre now has Mavic Cosmic SLE's. The bullets are on the FG Lite and the Shamals went to my brother.
Saddle is San Marco Concor DCM. Cockpit is Zipp SL bars and Service Course SL stem.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

mate this is very nice indeed... always one of the most tastefull bikes around
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

E777L

by E777L

Hello Koen, long time! How are you finding the Concor saddle? My rear end hasn't adjusted to it after 7000km but I persevere... stupid saddle sores :(

Ozrider

by Ozrider

That is really a nice looking bike. The FFWD wheels are really good, I bought a set a few months ago and have been really impressed with them specially in windy conditions. I can confirm the weight is 1350g after weighing mine. I got ceramic bearings which feel great. They are excellent value for money.

Let us know what you think after a few rides.
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com