HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:41 pm
Posts: 591
They have been v clever with that new scheme to make it look more balanced than the previous model. Get it built up so we can have a proper look!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:03 am 


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:57 pm
Posts: 222
Location: The Netherlands
nismosr wrote:
I am a big fan of Tune speedneedle which I have on the slr and 595 but since the mount on the s5 won't take any carbon rails, I'm thinking of getting a low profile saddle like maybe selle italia slr ti.


With a little modification you will get the seatpost mount work with carbon saddle rail. I've been riding for a year now with a tune komm-vor on my S5.

The Ciamillo brakes you have, are they wide enough for the firecrest rims?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:16 pm
Posts: 348
Location: Austin, Texas
It's like most new things, whether it is new paint schemes or new shapes - I thought the 2013 paint scheme was horrible on first glance.

It is starting to look better. Can't wait to see this one built up!

How is the quality of the paint? I'm seeing some blemishes in the pictures but not sure if they are smudges or actual problems in the finish.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 5:15 pm
Posts: 461
marcob wrote:
nismosr wrote:
I am a big fan of Tune speedneedle which I have on the slr and 595 but since the mount on the s5 won't take any carbon rails, I'm thinking of getting a low profile saddle like maybe selle italia slr ti.


With a little modification you will get the seatpost mount work with carbon saddle rail. I've been riding for a year now with a tune komm-vor on my S5.

The Ciamillo brakes you have, are they wide enough for the firecrest rims?


what kind a modification did you do ? I believed the ciamillo that i have will work on the wider rims it is the newest model they have. although my zipp is the pre firecrest version 2011 Toroidal shape.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 5:15 pm
Posts: 461
natiedean24 wrote:
It's like most new things, whether it is new paint schemes or new shapes - I thought the 2013 paint scheme was horrible on first glance.

It is starting to look better. Can't wait to see this one built up!

How is the quality of the paint? I'm seeing some blemishes in the pictures but not sure if they are smudges or actual problems in the finish.


paint quality is not the bad but not the greatest, since it's matte black it's totally different finish with paint job with clearcoat on it. the blemish you see in the pictures are oil stain.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:25 pm
Posts: 536
looks wild. The BMC in the background looks nice to


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 5:15 pm
Posts: 461
Monkeyboy3333 wrote:
They have been v clever with that new scheme to make it look more balanced than the previous model. Get it built up so we can have a proper look!


Believe me I can't wait too, still waiting for the bar, fd and saddle to arrive.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 5:15 pm
Posts: 461
Rumsas wrote:
looks wild. The BMC in the background looks nice to


THanks .. link to BMC thread

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=105401


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:57 pm
Posts: 222
Location: The Netherlands
nismosr wrote:
what kind a modification did you do ? I believed the ciamillo that i have will work on the wider rims it is the newest model they have. although my zipp is the pre firecrest version 2011 Toroidal shape.


I filed down the alu parts on witch the saddle rail leans a bit, you have to use a small round file.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:30 am
Posts: 687
Location: Simi Valley CA
The Ciamillo's will work. I have a pair of GSL and Gravitas on my FC 404. Make sure they have the "super low profile" pad holders.

_________________
eurperg wrote:
My wife is sitting next to me, and just thought that was a dildo, not a saddle.. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 5:15 pm
Posts: 461
zipp bar came in today ..

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:02 am
Posts: 207
Location: Danmark
Normally i hate big bulky aero frames, but this build looks really great!

Would also be fun to see the finished bike with your Circus Monkey/Nemesis wheels on it :twisted:

_________________
ShowMeTheBike Blog

Kaptajn Webstore


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 5:15 pm
Posts: 461
CaptainP wrote:
Normally i hate big bulky aero frames, but this build looks really great!

Would also be fun to see the finished bike with your Circus Monkey/Nemesis wheels on it :twisted:



Thanks, I'm just waiting for the FD from ribble. sure will try to put that on the S5 as soon as this build is done.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:02 am
Posts: 207
Location: Danmark
nismosr wrote:
CaptainP wrote:
Normally i hate big bulky aero frames, but this build looks really great!

Would also be fun to see the finished bike with your Circus Monkey/Nemesis wheels on it :twisted:



Thanks, I'm just waiting for the FD from ribble. sure will try to put that on the S5 as soon as this build is done.


Make sure to post some photos then! :beerchug:

_________________
ShowMeTheBike Blog

Kaptajn Webstore


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:24 pm 


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cervelo S5
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 5:15 pm
Posts: 461
installed the cables today ...

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], jbaillie, mightyduckie, Powerful Pete and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2013 Cervelo R5

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

em3

18

6640

Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:44 am

53x12 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Cervelo P3 2014 + Felt F4 2013

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

GavinR

1

1261

Sat May 31, 2014 6:57 am

istigatrice View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. First Road Bike: 2014 Cervelo S3 OR 2013 Giant Propel Adv.

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in Road

Marloon

25

6080

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:29 am

davidalone View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Used Cervelo S3 vs New Cervelo S3 - 4200 budget

in Road

Marloon

14

933

Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:25 am

coppercook62 View the latest post

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Cervelo R and Cervelo S series??

in Road

bigben99

3

1203

Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:09 pm

RichieE46 View the latest post


It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:48 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB