American Classic Sprint 350 rims

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

HillRPete

by HillRPete

What's the WWs verdict on the AC Sprint 350s (rims only)? I'm thinking about building a light weight set for trips and holidays where clinchers would be handy. Thinking about 28/28 or 28/32 spokes for my 75kg. Just for those longest days out there. Hubs will probably be something along the lines of BHS or Novatec.

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

They are good quality lightweight rims, but the brake track tends to wear quickly. I would advise to use these as a special occasion wheelset only.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Northoceanbeach

by Northoceanbeach

I've put my 160lbs on them for 1500 miles so far as my everyday wheel set and I had to get them tried initially but they've stayed solid since.

I like them

Dalai

by Dalai

Anyone know where to source these rims? I dented a rear rim 32h and want to replace the rim but can't find anywhere that sells them... Needs to be somewhere that would ship to Australia.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Only 28h left at cnc-bike.de it seems. Dunno bout shipping, but they are ok with email.

Dalai

by Dalai

Thanks, need 32h unfortunately. Might have to look at other similar weight options such as the Stans Alpha 340...

Dalai

by Dalai

I had already contacted the Australian distributor a month ago and was told it was now unavailable, so in desperation I emailed American Classic last weekend. They forwarded my email to the Australian distributor and the rep that answered was extremely helpful.

None in the country but there was one rim coming in the next shipment. So I have already gone to my LBS and paid for it so this rim is now on back order and coming my way when it lands. :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com