HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:03 pm 

PSM wrote:
Nice. Wonder what it looks like around the BB ? Was the colur cracked and then the carbon ok ?

Yes! I dropped the chain a few times and the paint had chipped of to the bare carbon but the carbon was fine. I use a chaincatcher now and has saved a chaindrop on 3 occasions

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:03 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:34 pm 

Not a fan of that fork but otherwise nice result! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:33 am 

fitty4 wrote:
PSM wrote:
Nice. Wonder what it looks like around the BB ? Was the colur cracked and then the carbon ok ?

Yes! I dropped the chain a few times and the paint had chipped of to the bare carbon but the carbon was fine. I use a chaincatcher now and has saved a chaindrop on 3 occasions

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:38 am 

Hi Fitty4. "She" looks very nice, and 782 grm are very sexy. :thumbup: :thumbup:

For the cable guide problem, one solution could be to do a pair of indents with a small and round abrassive file. I can´t find the name in english but the literal translation from spanish is "rat tail" ´cos has the same form. The idea is to make a kind of way in the BB surface, around 0´6-0´8 mm deep, just at the bottom, at the place the cables touch. I did with an (aluminium) frame and it worked. With the cables tensioned, they didn,t scape.

The problem with carbon could be that with enought time the cable cut the carbon, but you also could do the indents a little bit wide, and use a short slice of inner nylon cable housing to protect it.

Anyways, is just an idea. Probably the smartest thing is to wait for the cable guide.

Ah¡ ... and did you think to sand the fork too. I believe it could look better that way, and a little grams sexier :wink:

Great job :beerchug:

Repairing Vuma Quad

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:23 pm 

monchito wrote:
Hi Fitty4. "She" looks very nice, and 782 grm are very sexy. :thumbup: :thumbup:

For the cable guide problem, one solution could be to do a pair of indents with a small and round abrassive file. I can´t find the name in english but the literal translation from spanish is "rat tail" ´cos has the same form. The idea is to make a kind of way in the BB surface, around 0´6-0´8 mm deep, just at the bottom, at the place the cables touch. I did with an (aluminium) frame and it worked. With the cables tensioned, they didn,t scape.

The problem with carbon could be that with enought time the cable cut the carbon, but you also could do the indents a little bit wide, and use a short slice of inner nylon cable housing to protect it.

Anyways, is just an idea. Probably the smartest thing is to wait for the cable guide.

Ah¡ ... and did you think to sand the fork too. I believe it could look better that way, and a little grams sexier :wink:

Great job :beerchug:

Thanx but I think my method wil work :
[imgImage
][/img]

if you look closely you can see the tape under the cable guide so it saved me a few grams for not using the srew for the cable guide.

Everyone is complaining about the fork and I totally agree it has to go, I did order a ritchey wcs but will not put it before march april when the snow is gone, I doubt that I can put the mkII blades on the ritchey fork. It will be sanded as well as the frame

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:52 pm 

Skip Ritchey. Buy a 3T fork. Or a Easton...

Go to page Previous  1, 2