Replacement headset bearing for Scott Foil

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Omiar

by Omiar

Does anyone know a source where one could buy replacement headset bearing for Scott Foil frame? The upper one, which is 1-1/8, is easy to find, although it is usually sold as a pair. The lower one, which is specific to Foil, is 1-1/4, and I haven't found a place where it to buy it.
I'm willing to buy a whole WCS headset too, but I haven't seen it for sale too.
Cannondale SystemSix R8170
Trek Checkpoint SL5 MY2022

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tokyo Drifter

by Tokyo Drifter

a bike shop

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Doesn't each manufacturer/model have different headset bearing standards? It may be worth looking for this on your current bearings and sourcing bearings of the same standard
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

Omiar

by Omiar

Yes, but that isn't the question. I know which bearings I need, but they just don't seem to be available. A regular "bike shop" doesn't know much about them, as the lower one is only specific to Foil. Even the whole headset is hard to find online, nor is it or the bearings available from http://www.ritchey.ch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
I e-mailed Ritchey about that, but maybe someone in the US knows better, after all, both Scott and Ritchey are based in US.
Last edited by Frankie - B on Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed the quote. you are writing a reply ;)

drewb

by drewb

I bought one through a Scott dealer - they do this all day. Job done.

Omiar

by Omiar

bearings or the whole headset?
Last edited by Frankie - B on Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: yupp, reply. quote not needed. removed it for you.

Tokyo Drifter

by Tokyo Drifter

any bike shop should be able to remove, measure and source the bearing, scott dealers almost certainly have them in stock. AFAIK they aren't really a proprietary bearing.

Omiar

by Omiar

I have removed them and the measurements are laser etched on the bearings. Scott dealers have the whole headset - probably. If you could point me to a 46x34.1 and 45Dx45D bearing, the next beer is on me.
Last edited by Frankie - B on Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Dear Oimar, please use the button that says: "reply' when you want to respond to the lastest input. I have removed the quote for you. Thanks

kya

by kya

Doesn't quite match your measurements, but it is a 1 1/4", 45x45deg lower headset bearing. 46.8 x 34 x 7mm

http://webstore.fullspeedahead.com/fly. ... oreproduct

nfecyle

by nfecyle

Hello,

Any update on this ? I got caught in the rain, and I thought I cleaned everything, but I found the steering become stiff and lower headset bearing rusty. Basically, I need replacement lower headset bearing. Anybody now Ritchey part number for this ? or is it replaceable with any other generic and cheaper part ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JasperGr

by JasperGr

Guys,

It's a little different question but are there different headset dusk covers for the Scott Foil? The standard one is a little too high in my opinion. I like a flat one.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk