Cinelli Saetta Sprint

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Galatzo

by Galatzo

Got this frameset on Friday from Planet-X and well chuffed.
Frame is a small and weighs 1050gr actual, that's painted, inc front and rear mech hangers and seatclamp !
Less than manufactures quoted ! That never happens.
Fork was 390gr before cutting. Solida fork is what's used on higher models inc the Estrada.
This is the Sprint model although it doesn't say it on the frame, the weight and the all carbon columbus for confirm this (and this colour is only available in Sprint model).
The paint and colour in my opinion is beautiful, an antidote to the black and white of the Isaac before it.

Oh yeah frameset only cost £599 :D

Build

Campagnolo Chorus Compact 11 Speed Groupset
Mavic Ksyrium SR Wheelset
Michelin Pro4 tyres
Plante-X Ti Skewers
Ritchey WCS Carbon Logic Curve 420mm
Ritchey WCS C260 Stem Wet Black 100mm
Ritchey WCS Wet Black Alloy Post
Fizik CX Braided World Champ black saddle
Time RXS Carbon Pedals

Weight 7200gr with pedals

A few spacers will be going from above the headset in time.

Ok the elephant in the room - Ritchey on a Cinelli who make their own bars, stems and seatposts ?
I like the Ritchey kit, it looks good and it's what I have for now plus some Cinelli is very expensive and not very light - I'll have a think about this.
Could save a ton of weight with a Sram groupset but Campag looks right hre plus I'm not a fan of Sram levers apart from the new Red levers which are a bit like Campag anyway.
Maybe some Super Record in the Spring ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrfish

by mrfish

Good buy. Does it ride well? I really like the graphics on Cinellis - nice use of colours and simple blocks / lines to make a great looking bike. For 599 it's very tempting.

Regarding the Ritchey bits, if it worries you I'd just take the logos off. I agree that unfortunately the Cinelli parts have not kept up with the times.

Didn't quite realise how big PX are - I have this image that they are a couple of guys in a shed, but that's obviously outdated.

Galatzo

by Galatzo

Only had a quick hour on it so far so can't comment on the ride yet really. Hopefully get out tomorrow for a bit but it's very cold and wet so not ready to throw into bends and downhils and 40+ yet.
Not worried enough about the Ritchey stuff to spend £600 on Ram bars and seat post, it's just the Italian on Italian law I'm conscious of !
Planet-X did pretty much start off in a shed in Doncaster I recall and as you say they have really grown, good range of products that change often and at good prices plus good customer services. Luckily for me the showroom is only 40 miles away so can checkout the online stuff easily in person if I want. They actually swapped the groupset and finishing kit over for me from my old bike the day after I bought it and while I waited too ! (Didn't know they did that until I happened to meet the workshop manager in reception as I was collecting it and mentioned I'd be taking it to my LBS (who would have charged me lots more) or I'd have taken my old bike up the first time, as I said great customer service).

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

Haven't seen a Columbus sticker on a fork since, oh, about early 90s.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I really like it, I think Cinelli would finish it off well but they haven't made any decent bars/stems etc since the days of the quill stem...nice ride! :thumbup: