BH G6 or Cento Uno SR

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

brycerider

by brycerider

I'm looking at building a second bike and considering one of these. Currently riding a 2010 Sworks SL3 with 2013 SRAM Red which I will keep. Have only seen limited reviews online.

Anyone had any experience with either and can compare with sl3? I'm looking for something that's different but still a good handling ride. Build will be either new Red or Record 11.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
N+1 It Never Stops

paulclay

by paulclay

Go BH. Cento's are nice. If you ever want a crank based pm then Cento's aren't nice.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

system787

by system787

Well, both bikes are BB386

brycerider

by brycerider

Don't plan on putting a pm on it. Looking at the ride quality. I like the zippy ride of the Tarmac and the stiffness. Was wanting to know how these compare.

Hard to find a test ride on cento uno given the isp situation. I do like the look of the BH and the frameset I can get for $1k less than the SR but long after the price is forgotten the ride is remembered as they say.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
N+1 It Never Stops

Crash716

by Crash716

I've owned an SL2, so i can only speak for geometry. The G6 is a bit more aggressive. Much shorter head tube and i believe it has shorter seat stays also. Great overall bike, i believe in the Aero frame also.

the thing i didn't like about the SL2 is when sprinting a lot i would think the rear tire was going flat…it just felt like it fishtailed, the BH is very very solid and the best descending bike i have ever ridden and I've had a butt load of bikes over the last 5 years.

brycerider

by brycerider

Thanks for the feedback. I like a nice firm ride. Anyone want to offer up an opinion on the Cento Uno SR?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
N+1 It Never Stops

cllrhodgen

by cllrhodgen

When i ordered a BH G5 a few years ago around this time of year - I paid a deposit, I was told delivery would be a 'insert set date' (Can't remember now, but was perhaps Jan/Feb of the year following. Great all's well,... then the frame didn't arrive, i asked the retailer to contact the distributor in the UK, they did and came back with not much.

I regularly go to watch ronde van vlaanderen (Tour of Flanders - 7 years on the bounce now)... it said volumes to me when i got out there in April and they had only one G5 for the entire men's squad of AG2R at the time... I knew then that i was screwed, if they can't supply their main stream team - they aren't going to give a 'insert expletive of your choosing' about me... as soon as my phone regained signal on the ferry into Hull, i cancelled my order, requested the deposit money back as luckily i had a receipt which claimed a delivery date which had since expired, went straight to the specialized dealer locally and got myself an S-works SL2!!!

Now got the SL3, and speccy are 'warrantying' that at present due to a problem with the lacquer on the paint... cannot fault speccy... BH of spain, although look fantastic were no good for me or indeed AG2R evidently!!!

Since then, i must point out, BH has a UK website and is supplying a few of the bigger retailers, so as long as there's a good representation of the branding in Aus you should be fine - they do look great!

If you're still awake - i hope this helps!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jmilliron

by jmilliron

brycerider wrote:Don't plan on putting a pm on it. Looking at the ride quality. I like the zippy ride of the Tarmac and the stiffness. Was wanting to know how these compare.

Haven't ridden a recent Tarmac but can vouch for the Cento1SR being extremely stiff and lively. Very pleased with how mine rides and handles.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon