Osymetricusa Crank rings

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

KWalker

by KWalker

Mine were USA version and are thicker than the non-USA (I have both).

I am using 7900. I also used them with Force. Force was more finnicky, but it just took about 45min. to space the cage and get the angle right.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sastre

by sastre

Geoff wrote:I just got a set from a friend of mine who was racing on them for the last few years at Team Sky, but who is no longer riding them this season.

The first impression is that they are very different from the 'Q'-Rings. They have a much more significant 'ovalization' factor than the 'Q'-Ring and are harder to set-up perfectly. They do get there, eventually. I found that they are very sensitive to the derailleur height setting and seem to benefit from a slight toe-in (on Di2, anyway). The other thing I noticed is that the Di2 derraileur really pushes the ring around.

I got them fairly late in the winter and will play just around with them during the season. I'll wait to give them a real try next winter.

hi geoff
did you have to run a adapter with your di2 like Zigmeister recons or were there no issues for you.

what frame and crank u using. :thumbup:
Full steam we go against the odds
Headfirst we go against the grain
Against the odds, against the grain
We go against the odds, against the grain

JamieL

by JamieL

Anyone got any experience with DOVAL rings?

Managed to pick up a pair on the cheap and interested to hear how others got on. If not, I'll put a review up once I've had a go.

Kasparz

by Kasparz

I'm planning to get a Doval 56t rings. It seems pretty equal to Osymetric rings, but costs 3 times less.

jaketim114

by jaketim114

I used them for a few weeks:

First, the shifting isn't terrible, but you have to really get your f. derailler dialed in. This took about 3 rides of fiddling with it. There are no pins or ramps on the rings, so it has to be really good to work.

It takes a few rides to get used tho the ovalization of the rings. Feels almost like your chain is slipping at first. What I didn't like is how it made my knee feel. During every pedal stroke, you knee is basically accelerating and decelerating faster than with round chainrings. I started to develop knee pain after about a week, this pain intensified when standing as well.

I took them off and never looked back, but maybe I'm an outlier.