"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Wingnut wrote:It actually sounds like Lemond just wants change to begin at the UCI...people are jumping the gun if they think Lemond believes he's the messiah...

Velonews:

LeMond admitted that he might not be the best candidate to replace McQuaid, who has been under pressure to explain how Armstrong managed to avoid detection for so long, amid allegations that the UCI accepted cash to cover up a positive test. But he said he was prepared to work hard to make the UCI “more democratic, more transparent and find the best candidate in the long term to lead” the organization.

This quote by LeMond is another reason why I really do like and respect the guy. He seems to be quite honest with his opinions and is able to look at things from a very down to earth perspective. He isn't going around yelling "I should be President, I told you I was right, I'm President etc....." He is straight forward and admits that he might not be the best but yet would do his best.
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

artray

by artray

LeMond will start off well with good ideas and meaning but in the end he will have to play by the sponsors rules . They bring in the cash. I predict like most people who get in to a postion of power ,they turn into everything that they used to stand against.

djconnel

by djconnel

LeMond's always been stubborn. That's exactly what the UCI needs. I am quite encouraged by these developments. Hats off to Skins for making it happen.

Really, McQuaid needs to go, and anything which works towards that important first step is probably worth supporting.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

ok, the real issue is: changing the president doesn't really bring any new quality if the rest of 'staff' stays around and the dark force unthreatened remains. does Lemond have any support in this regard, i seriously doubt so.
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

euan

by euan

I like Lemond. But his business relationships never seem to end well. I don't think he is the right person at all. Just get Dick Pound in and be done with it

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Every night I pray cycling season to start earlier so we can talk about racing and the pro-bikes instead of doping issues.

Geoff

by Geoff

God. Pound Dick. Swell. The phrase 'conduct unbecoming' comes to mind...

KWalker

by KWalker

It sucks that only Pez (in English, that I know of) covers the 6 days because I'm interested in them, but the articles are so god awful and terribly written that I can't even get through them. Its like a 12 year old that never learned how to structure a sentence was told to put the least important details of a bike race into one article.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Timo

by Timo

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tinkov- ... xaggerated
"Alberto Contador is a superstar, the best racer in the world, and I can't even remember the names of whoever Argos-Shimano have in their squad," Tinkov said in a press conference with the Spaniard in Moscow on Monday.

He's a prick who did not pay enough attention when Degenkolb won five stages in the Vuelta won by Contador :roll:
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

weeshuggy

by weeshuggy

For those of you waiting for hydraulic brakes, start getting excited..............

although it comes at somewhat of a cost cause my god its apparently gonna look hideous....

djconnel

by djconnel

Issue with Dick Pound: there's more to managing cycling than dealing with doping. I look forward to seeing what LeMond would do. The best thing the UCI could do with doping control would be to outsource it to avoid conflict of interest (I don't buy McQuaid's line about UCI being mandated by IOC to directly implement doping control: self-serving babble).

ave

by ave

They could integrate the bike computer display into those hoods, there's plenty of surface area there for an LCD. :D

Or integrate a mirror into it.

euan

by euan

djconnel wrote:Issue with Dick Pound: there's more to managing cycling than dealing with doping. I look forward to seeing what LeMond would do. The best thing the UCI could do with doping control would be to outsource it to avoid conflict of interest (I don't buy McQuaid's line about UCI being mandated by IOC to directly implement doping control: self-serving babble).

There is much more to the UCI than just mens road cycling as well. The head of the UCI doesn't need to be a cycling guy. He needs to be a figure head and someone who sets the culture of the organisation. The President should leave the actual individual aspects of cycling to their respective heads and just provide direction and make sure everyone is doing the right thing.

elviento

by elviento

I hope nobody puts that thing on an aero bike.
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

pastronef

by pastronef

https://mobile.twitter.com/thierryderid ... 8801611776

Lotto belisol will continue with Campy groups and wheels :thumbup:
(the sram-fulcrum news was not right)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com