SRM for THM 3M cranks??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

civdic

by civdic

Where can I pick up a SRM or other compatible spider for my Clavicula 3M cranks? I've seen complete cranks including rings, arms and spider but I'm just looking for the spider. SRM site doesn't seem to have any info on it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

I gave mine to fairwheelbikes and they sent it in to SRM.

I guess pretty much every LBS could do that.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.

civdic

by civdic

OK. I wasn't aware that you can't just buy the spider and slap it on yourself. Does it need to be calibrated or is there more to it than that?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

When P2M comes out with their THM Spider, you'll be able to just 'slap it on' :wink:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

coppercook62

by coppercook62

I was interested in this as well. I emailed them and they said its around 2k for spider. I believe you have to send them your cranks.

mambocat

by mambocat

You do have to send in your cranks to SRM. It takes about a month in my experience to get them back. SRM had to order the spider from Germany and then calibrate it with the rings you want. The spider is kind of funky also, it uses a 110bcd outer ring and a 130bcd inner.

civdic

by civdic

2K is a bit steep! Hopefully there will be more cost effective options in the future.

tetonrider

by tetonrider

civdic wrote:2K is a bit steep! Hopefully there will be more cost effective options in the future.

those cranks are around $1,250, no? they're quite a bit more expensive than many/most/all other crank options. they're also a low-volume item relative to any other crank, so the market for power meters for them would be a fraction of that.

makes sense to me that the cost is fairly high. i wouldn't count on getting an SRM for much less...though there are maybe some less accurate options will come along at your price point.

if you want cheap(er), a more common crankset might be in order.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com