Anybody have info/confirm on Campagnolo BB386 crank

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

maggierose
Shop Owner

by maggierose

I thought somebody posted here regarding Campy releasing a BB386 crank but I can't find it. Any rumors/confirmations etc. floating about? Thanks!

elviento

by elviento

Haven't heard of it, but BH and others (Wilier?) sure has made BB386 cups for regular Campy cranks.
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Perhaps this is the post you were thinking about.

In FSA K Force Light Wilier BB386Evo vs Campy Super Record Crnk, wingguy wrote:
Berlingtonberty wrote:Reading through the spec sheets I see Wilier dont use the SR Crank but plump for the FSA K Force Light Wilier BB386EVO Crank instead, reading the blurb this seems like it has been developed jointly and sounds like its optimised for the bike - but that could mean we just wanna increase our margin on an already expensive bike by dropping in a few cheaper components.

Wilier co-developed the 386Evo standard with FSA hence why it's on the bike - according to Wilier they originally approached Campag with the concept but Campag couldn't guarantee enough resources top develop it on schedule.

The blurb from the Wilier dealer days/2013 product launch a couple months back did say that Campag is now developing a 386Evo crank, but I haven't seen anything about it from Campag, or any dates. So if you want to go full Campag you ciould either just get the standard SR crank now and run it with adaptors (still gives ridiculous BB stiffness) or maybe choose the FSA 386Evo crank now and wait for the Campag SR 386Evo - which should theoretically give you the best performance from day 1 and be slightly cheaper than buying two SR cranks in one year.

maggierose
Shop Owner

by maggierose

Thanks, I think that was the quote.

Hammer, don't hurt em'.