Which TDF was better: 2009 or 2010?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

sawyer

by sawyer

roca rule wrote:Why not the 2011 giro or the 2009 tdf, if you ate a Contador fan. I love it fire the fact that scarponi fought even when he was out classed by AC, that stage that Mikel Nieve won my English just falls short to describe it (in Spanish it will be an hombrada) and Contador toying with Vincenzo. The 09 tour had the first tt where Contador said this is my team on the tt, and the old man maybe because of bad hearing or age (old people suffer from both) still pretended to fulfill his own ambition; then verbier came. The last tt I usually like Fabian, but the man showed to be a sore loser (nothing wrong with that).

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

AC was stripped of the 2011 Giro but not the 2009 TdF.

His performance in the Lake Annecy TT in 09 was surprisingly good ... to beat FC at the peak of his career on a fairly flat circuit.

But whatever we might suspect the result stands.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

edesigner

by edesigner

sawyer wrote:
roca rule wrote:Why not the 2011 giro or the 2009 tdf, if you ate a Contador fan. I love it fire the fact that scarponi fought even when he was out classed by AC, that stage that Mikel Nieve won my English just falls short to describe it (in Spanish it will be an hombrada) and Contador toying with Vincenzo. The 09 tour had the first tt where Contador said this is my team on the tt, and the old man maybe because of bad hearing or age (old people suffer from both) still pretended to fulfill his own ambition; then verbier came. The last tt I usually like Fabian, but the man showed to be a sore loser (nothing wrong with that).

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

AC was stripped of the 2011 Giro but not the 2009 TdF.

His performance in the Lake Annecy TT in 09 was surprisingly good ... to beat FC at the peak of his career on a fairly flat circuit.

But whatever we might suspect the result stands.

You nailed it.

maquisard

by maquisard

As an aside, I thought Road to Roubaix was rubbish. It is very disjointed and doesn't work well as a feature.

edesigner

by edesigner

Slight threadjack but are there any DVDs available that have the older CBS (US Broadcast) 80's Tours with the great editing, musical scores? That's what hooked me on cycling back then. Amazing viewing. Fantastic era in cycling.

J-Nice

by J-Nice

The 2007 Tour was better than either race mentioned by the OP, both in terms of Contador wins and overall excitement.
Check out the latest controversies in sport-

http://berzin.blogspot.com/

kevinkalis

by kevinkalis

Neither
K2

Do you suffer more when you train, or cannot train?

sawyer

by sawyer

J-Nice wrote:The 2007 Tour was better than either race mentioned by the OP, both in terms of Contador wins and overall excitement.

+1. 07 was good.

Best of recent times for me was 2011.

In the supercheats' era 2003 was good.

kevinkalis

by kevinkalis

I would rather watch all the Armstrong Tour wins ad infinitum than have to suffer through one of the supposedly 'clean' Tours.
K2

Do you suffer more when you train, or cannot train?

sawyer

by sawyer

kevinkalis wrote:I would rather watch all the Armstrong Tour wins ad infinitum than have to suffer through one of the supposedly 'clean' Tours.

Yes, they were all nailbiters weren't they?

You know that "result in doubt" thing that generally makes sport interesting?

They made 2011 look like a one horse race.

artray

by artray

There was no exciting moments when Lance rode :unbelievable: :roll:
Sawyer, you really need to get some perspective and not let Armstrongs issues effect you so much.

sawyer

by sawyer

artray wrote:There was no exciting moments when Lance rode :unbelievable: :roll:
Sawyer, you really need to get some perspective and not let Armstrongs issues effect you so much.

Who said there were no exciting moments?

Except for 99 and 03 they were processions in terms of the GC. Exciting other parts to the race, sure, but the overall result was too predictable.

konky

by konky

A question is was Lance performing in a largely doping level playing field. Even though Lance was doping was he still the best athlete in those races. As he travelled the highest and made so many enemies by being a total di#k he has fallen the furthest.

By being a total di#k he may have done less damage to cycling than those riders who doped, have admitted it, and come out as good guys, and no one being that shocked by their actions. Everyone hates Lance and is shocked by his actions.

Perversely Lance may have done cycling some good by highlighting how bad doping is for the sport. Without him the message would have been watered down.

So 2 possible strange truths
1) Lance was the best rider of his generation
2) Lance has done some good for cycling
Last edited by konky on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

*yawn*

Let's stop the Lance talk, guys. This thread is about Contador and 2009 or 2010.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Ghost234

by Ghost234

I hate to say it, but that is generally how ALL TdF convorsations end up going.

It starts with someone asking an innocent question, such as which one was more exciting to watch 2009 or 2010.

You get some decent replies

Then you get some asshole saying that the winners are all doped to the gills and he thinks that the sport is a disaster

Then it gets derailed

It *sometimes* gets back on track - but not always.

I'm starting to think that there should be a 1 week ban or something for starting a derail refering to doping ala TdF. This isn't the first time that this has happened.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com