pc7 like mount for Garmin 500?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Horacio

by Horacio

Sent PM and email to you.

DesignCycles

by DesignCycles

Hello everyone. I wanted to spread the word about our Black Friday Sale. All FlipLoc mounts will be $25 with free shipping worldwide on November 23 from 12:00AM - 11:59PM EST (or until we run out). Enjoy the ride and spread the word!

www.designcycles.net

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Giant DK

by Giant DK

DesignCycles wrote:Testing is complete on a mount that is compatible with the Edge 800/500/200 and Forerunner 310XT/910XT. These will be available very soon on our website for $35 with free shipping.
http://www.designcycles.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Very soon? How soon is that :) ?
Techn writer at Velomore Denmark

My Simplon Pavo II

andylav

by andylav

Thank heavens for Black Friday sales in the States !

Design Cycles mount ordered for $25 with free international shipping, which works out at £16 !!

Looking forward to taking receipt and trying it out - fully expect I could be looking for more ahead of stem mounts for my other bikes !!!

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Got my hands on a Raceware Direct Garmin mount ... bummer that it adds ~13g, but there's been so much excitement about alternative Garmin mounts that I figured it was worth a try.

Turns out my old Kestrel EMS Pro/SL 26.0 bar is a hair larger diameter at the stem interface. I was able to easily center the mount, but could only use ~2cm of the included rubber strip. I'm sure it'll be fine.

RaceWareDirect
in the industry

by RaceWareDirect

Johnny Rad wrote:Got my hands on a Raceware Direct Garmin mount ... bummer that it adds ~13g, but there's been so much excitement about alternative Garmin mounts that I figured it was worth a try.

Turns out my old Kestrel EMS Pro/SL 26.0 bar is a hair larger diameter at the stem interface. I was able to easily center the mount, but could only use ~2cm of the included rubber strip. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Hi,

I am glad you like the mount, the rubber strip is optional, for those who have slightly smaller diameter bars. I run one of the mounts on each of my bikes and none have rubber strips.

Martyn
2011 Track Masters World Champion
Cervelo T3
Colnago CX-1
S works shiv
Specialized Tarmac SL5 Di2
Specialized epic comp

mattyb95

by mattyb95

Had my Raceware Direct Mount turn up today, well my second one as the first had a rattle. Martyn there was more than happy to swap it over for me and has been extremely helpful over the whole order, particularly when the second has taken a while to turn up due to postal issues (nothing to do with Raceware I might add).

The mount is great, really secure interface and I absolutely love it. Can't rate it or the customer service I've received highly enough. Too many online shops don't seem to care too much once they have your money, not in this case, would highly recommend Raceware Direct if you are looking for a Garmin Mount.

drmutley

by drmutley

mattyb95 wrote:
The mount is great, really secure interface and I absolutely love it. Can't rate it or the customer service I've received highly enough. Too many online shops don't seem to care too much once they have your money, not in this case, would highly recommend Raceware Direct if you are looking for a Garmin Mount.

+100 ;-)

Horacio

by Horacio

My first mount never showed up and Martyn sent a second one. Its taken some time for it to arrive and I still dont have it yet. I hate the postal service with a passion. I think I would of paid for DHL over waiting the amount of time I've had to wait. No fault of Martyn's though. Cant wait to get my mitts on it!

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Put in my first ride with the new mount and I gotta say it was really, really weird. The mount was fine; as advertised. Having the Garmin so much further out in front made me feel like I was way too far back on my bike, like my fit was all of a sudden kaput. Instead of my head hovering over the Garmin, now the little machine is out in front making my brain think everything was all out of whack. Two hours later and it was only moderately resolved... Don't lose any sleep over me (ha ha), I'll be fine when my brain catches up and sets up a new mental reference point.

andylav

by andylav

First ride with my Design Cycles mount today.

Pluses -
    Black Friday sale price was only £16, including shipping
    Arrived in 5 days from US to UK
    Good communications to provide order update throughout
    Very solid interface between Garmin and mount - a very secure fit
    Mounts perfectly in line with top of stem
    No vibration or movement whatsoever during ride
    Very aesthetically pleasing having the mounting hardware underneath

(Very minor) Negatives -
    Contact with side of stem face place of 3T stem prevents Garmin from being centred exactly but it is only 1-2mm off and not noticeable on the move (though I may still consider notching the point of contact slightly with a round file to make it perfect).
    Garmin sits slightly further forward of the stem face plate - about 5 to 10 mm - than I'd like ideally (photo below) but that really is a just a personal quibble.

Overall, very happy with my buying experience from Design Cycles and with the mount.

Well made, good looking mount that I would have no worries about the Garmin disengaging from and particularly good value for money at the $25 / £16 discounted price.

Definitely a bonus having the Garmin forward of the stem so that the screen can be seen with a quick glance, rather than a deliberate look when it is mounted on the stem - will definitely be looking to replicate the position on my other bikes.

drmutley

by drmutley

I have 3 Racewaredirect mounts, but i have just ordered another 5 as all my mates have seen mine and want them for Xmas! Hopefully that get the Australia in time! ;-)

Ho Ho Ho!

ms6073

by ms6073

I purchased 3 mounts for FSA Plasma Integrated bars from Martyn/RacewareDirect and after a number of cyclocross races, found them to be very sturdy and very secure although the alignment of the Garmin is just a tad off (< 1mm) and could be attributed to a slight amount of lateral play in the mount. I will try and post an image later on as the only thing I would like to see improved is the depth of the mount at the front where the Garmin 'plugs' in but I suspect this aspect of the design was the only way to reduce vibration and would probably need be machined from aluminum in order to get a more streamlined look - ala Tilquist's mount.

- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

grymg

by grymg

On sale for $20. . . might bite on this one.

http://www.excelsports.com/main.asp?pag ... ailspecial" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;