S-Works Venge; Now with 2013 Upgrades (new pics on the way)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ultyguy

by ultyguy

I'd hit that :twisted:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Chadbus25

by Chadbus25

ultyguy wrote:I'd hit that :twisted:

Nice! Thanks for the compliment. Will post some new pictures on Friday as Bespoke Cycles in Farringdon are fitting some ee Cycleworks brakes to this bad boy... 8)

dmoneysworks

by dmoneysworks

Is the frame an OSBB or a threaded BB?

Chadbus25

by Chadbus25

dmoneysworks wrote:Is the frame an OSBB or a threaded BB?

OSBB on the Venge.

dmoneysworks

by dmoneysworks

So how come you didn't go with the S-Works crankset? It would have been a lighter setup & in my experience front shifting was good.

Oh I should finish by saying it's a real nice machine. You must be loving riding it!!

Chadbus25

by Chadbus25

dmoneysworks wrote:So how come you didn't go with the S-Works crankset? It would have been a lighter setup & in my experience front shifting was good.

Oh I should finish by saying it's a real nice machine. You must be loving riding it!!

I bought it as a frameset which didn't include the S-Works crank and I got a great deal on a full Dura-Ace groupset. I have looked in to getting the S-Works crank but I can't justify the cost of the arms, spider and chainrings. If I'm honest, I'd be more tempted by some Rotor 3D cranks and Q-Rings but I really love the DA setup that I have so I'm not in a rush to upgrade at the moment (I should add that both my bikes have full 7900 groupsets).

As for loving riding it, it's amazing. I have a custom Trek Madone 5.9 which is great but this shifts things on to a whole other level!

Seaholm

by Seaholm

Great looking bike, congrats! :thumbup:

Did you use the clamp that came with the frame, or did you have to change it in order to use the Antares with braided rails?

Björn

Chadbus25

by Chadbus25

Seaholm wrote:Great looking bike, congrats! :thumbup:

Did you use the clamp that came with the frame, or did you have to change it in order to use the Antares with braided rails?

Björn

Hey Bjorn,

Thanks for the compliment! :D The clamp was changed for a carbon specific one at the time of purchase by the store that sold me the frame. I believe that carbon clamps do not come as standard with the Venge frameset....

Steve.

Chadbus25

by Chadbus25

Taking the plunge and swapping out the Dura Ace 7900 with Campag Super Record Ti. Watch this space for pics in the next few weeks.

dellpan

by dellpan

Super bike!!! :)
Trek Emonda SLR

Chadbus25

by Chadbus25

So, after a long while of inactivity, I've finally managed to upgrade the Venge with some new goodies.

Main changes are the addition of some Zipp Vuka Sprint 42cm bars and a full Super Record Ti groupo. I'll get some pictures posted ASAP as I have some Look Keo Blade Ti pedals on the way. Hopefully the weenie population will approve!