Power Meter Software

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

mattyb

by mattyb

I run GC because it's Mac native. The metrics feature (dv build) puts it a lot closer to WKO but you are right - there are some things which WKO does really well.

Tinea, I believe it does. WKO is better for the ego though :P
Having said that, a lot of the time NP or xPower over an entire ride may not be a good metric to valuate a ride with. The overall score and intervals could be a better indicator, but that's a whole other discussion.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

I've got all the time in the world.

Educate me :P

eric

by eric

GC uses BikeScore, which is very similar to TSS. It is calculated slightly differently but for our use it can be considered to be identical.
GC's Performance Manager calculates short and long term stress from BS in the same way that WKO calculates ATL and CTL from TSS. I wrote it to generate the same kind of numbers although the UI is different. You can configure the length of "short" and "long" term, and even change the names of the metrics if you like.

The developer builds will download .FIT files from Garmin 500s- the 500 serves them up as a USB filesystem so it's easy to import them.

I have not used WKO 3.x but I think that overall GC 1.4 is better for me than WKO 2.2 was even if it ran native on Linux like GC does.

shampoo

by shampoo

Hi,

I am one of the original developers of GC. We have a forum: http://groups.google.com/group/golden-cheetah-users where you can ask all your questions. Don't be spooked by all the geek speak. We take all kinds of questions and try to answer them as best as possible.

It's also a place you can suggest new features. We generally are quite welcome to such suggestions.

The developer builds for the most part are quite stable. I use them daily without any real problems. If you do encounter a problem, please let us know. We hate bugs and fix them ASAP.

Anyhow, glad to see some of you liking what we have done so far. We're having a blast doing it !

J

AttacknowAttackoften

by AttacknowAttackoften

I've used GoldenCheetah this entire year...but I feel the (insert time here) at a glance review options are somewhat limited. I.e. you can only see that week's mileage/kj/workload, not that month or year.

Other than that, the actual review software is quite powerful.
I only train on days that end with "y".

Eli

drhule23

by drhule23

I'm old school. About 7 years ago, when I got my first PowerTap, I created my own analysis tool using a simple Excel spreadsheet.

It does the all the simple things like computes normalized power, IF, total energy (work), TSS, etc.
It also computes peak avg power for discreet intervals of 10sec, 30sec, 1min, 2min, etc. up to 20 min.
It will also tell me how much time was spent in each of my training zones.
Also provides ATL, CTL, and TSB per Dr. Coggan's formulas.

It's probably quite remedial compared to what's available now, but it works for me.
The more you suffer, the closer you get to transcendence.
It's not the mountain you're climbing, it's yourself. If you don't want to know, stay at the bottom.

aerozy

by aerozy

First year on power and been using WKO+. No compaints thus far.
Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim

devinci

by devinci

I use WKO+. Its good for the graph and QA function. I like how you can create a detailed training diary too.

I used SRMwin in the past, its not bad either