12 speed Tiso electronic wireless

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spandexboy817

by spandexboy817

http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/11/29/tis ... ike-group/

This could be interesting. I have always loved the industrial looks of their products. Hope they get it out on the actual release date!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AttacknowAttackoften

by AttacknowAttackoften

I know at least one DA9000 adapters who isn't too happy about this ;)
I only train on days that end with "y".

Eli

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Their cassettes don't have the best reputation, hope they did something about it.

styrrell

by styrrell

I'd love to see this happen. But ideally (except for needing new frames) it would be for 135 rear spacing. 11/36 12 speed with a 46-52 front would be great for everything but big big climbing days.

To my mind anything over a 10 speed in the rear is a tiny improvement without going single in the front.i

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Not just their cassettes...
Their QC seems to have been spotty in the past and their are numerous posts here and elsewhere about customer service issues with Tiso components.
Hope they got that sorted out. Honestly have not heard much from Tiso in a while - they seem to have been workign on this project.
I would be interested to know how this goes in the real world, but have no plans to be a guinea pig tester by any means.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

styrrell wrote:I'd love to see this happen. But ideally (except for needing new frames) it would be for 135 rear spacing. 11/36 12 speed with a 46-52 front would be great for everything but big big climbing days.

Most people, including me, prefer wider spacing in the front, and closer in the rear. With recently-common 36-52 you can run a way smaller cassette.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

12 speed makes sense to me as I like 1 tooth jumps in the rear cassette. A 12 speed would allow a 12-24T or a 13-25T whih I would like wit a 39/53T chainset.

I have still to get 11 speed though. Maybe I will be able to skip it and get 12 speed when it becomes readily available.

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

I started out with a 5 speed freewheel (yes, my ears are still ringing from the big bang), and moved up every time a new cog became available. I remember Jobst Brant saying "what the fcuk do you need that for?" when I went to 7 speed.

Bottom line, the closer increments helped to fine tune and optimize cadence when needed. I have a much more difficult time over certain terrain that is extended in duration when I go back to a 10 speed cassette. I just can't seem to find the right gear, and that can hurt at very high tempo.

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

Bridgeman wrote:Bottom line, the closer increments helped to fine tune and optimize cadence when needed. .

Lots of people do not get that, however. It is the reason why I ride triple.

By the way, wireless electonic shifting has been around for over a decade now, as I am sure you will know. Read ... Mavic Mektronic. It was only time before wireless shifting would surface again.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I trhink I read somewhere that campag experimented with it as well for a while but found it sometime unrelaible. Maybe tiso have found a solution.