Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks!

Here just one quick (and crappy :mrgreen:) photo from the first test rides in our Alps :thumbup:

...it makes me sad that winter will soon strike here in Slovenia :mrgreen: but as long as it's +5°C or more, and dry, I'm on my bike. Well, if I'm honest, when I raced (till this seson) I said that I'll never train in cold/bad weather, but it's somehow under my skin and I can't help myself and I go on my bike also in bad weather. But not because of training, I don't have to train, but because I enjoy cycling :thumbup:

MrIzoard

by MrIzoard

Very nice!!!!

Many thumbs up for you!

//Ulf L.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

frederique

by frederique

Berk wrote:
...it makes me sad that winter will soon strike here in Slovenia :mrgreen: but as long as it's +5°C or more, and dry, I'm on my bike. Well, if I'm honest, when I raced (till this seson) I said that I'll never train in cold/bad weather, but it's somehow under my skin and I can't help myself and I go on my bike also in bad weather. But not because of training, I don't have to train, but because I enjoy cycling :thumbup:

That's the right spirit man !

Greetz
Pure energy, Perfect power !

mfcycling

by mfcycling

great looking bike, I look forward to more

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks to all :beerchug:

I'll for sure keep you updated about my future projects, maybe I'll soon start with another custom made frame for a friend of mine, we'll see,..

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Jure, awesome bike, awesome spirit

:thumbup:

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

This thread is so great for so many reasons. :thumbup:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Omiar

by Omiar

Berk wrote:I also made the first test rides with prototype 5 :thumbup:
What I like the most (compared to PT4) is the new Sram Red groupset! Otherwise I can already say that the frame is a bit stiffer, but will write more about it as soon as I make some more kilometers. I managed to add stiffness on the area where I wanted, so I guess this one is pretty much the best that I can make with tube-to-tube. For next project I really want to start with monocoque, but we will see, depends from my financial status. Otherwise I'm also thinking to start with a tube-to-tube TT frame...hmmm..?

a full monoque? almost no high end manufacturer uses this method anymore.
Cannondale SystemSix R8170
Trek Checkpoint SL5 MY2022

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

@Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez & prendrefeu

:beerchug:

@Omiar
Basicly it wouldn't be "100% monocoque". Only the front triangle, and then the seatstays and chainstays would be glued in the frame. That's the first option, but I'll see, I'm not sure that I'll be able to start with it anytime soon, so I'll most probably just continue with the tube-to-tube procedure, that also allows me to make a custom geometry :thumbup:. But if possible I would also like to try it with monocoque, it would be a nice challenge for me.

I decided to start with a new frame project, for a friend of mine, and it will have the same tubing as my PT5, only that it will be in a smaller size (this time "M", compared to my PT5 that's a bit longer "L"), and with 3K plain beauty look, just to make it a bit different :). So I can't wait to start with it, but I'm just to busy at this moment and it may take 2 weeks or even more that I'll be able to start with any carbon project, but I'll give my best, and I'll for sure keep you updated! Otherwise a new combo for my PT5 is slowly in process, and as soon as I make any product I'll keep you updated.

One more thing that's interesting to me is that I would like to try some disc brakes on my road bike. So I'm just searching for a road specific disc fork with 1 1/8 - 1 1/4, and till now I didn't found it. If I'm right the new Parlee Z-zero has that fork, and also Colnago has 1 1/4, but I'm struggling to get one...any help much appreciated!

Krull

by Krull

great praise for the design of your frameset: looks fantastic! :thumbup:

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

Berk wrote:One more thing that's interesting to me is that I would like to try some disc brakes on my road bike. So I'm just searching for a road specific disc fork with 1 1/8 - 1 1/4, and till now I didn't found it. If I'm right the new Parlee Z-zero has that fork, and also Colnago has 1 1/4, but I'm struggling to get one...any help much appreciated!

Whisky Parts Co. has a couple road specific disk forks that are tapered (Carbon component company started by QBP)

https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyParts
http://whiskyparts.com/

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

+1 for the Whisky Parts Co fork. Mine looks awesome!

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

@Krull
Thanks!

@NWSAlpine
Thanks for that information, but if I'm right they only have 1 1/2?
There are already a few tapered forks with 1 1/8 - 1 1/2, but I really can't get any in 1 1/4.

Anders

by Anders

What about a Cannondale SuperX disc fork? You might be able to buy it on its own from Cannondale.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

It's not a road specific fork, it's for cyclocross and the geometry is totaly different then because the fork is much higher (also wider for cyclocross tires), so unfortunately I wouldn't use it. Thanks anyway :thumbup:

Otherwise as soon as I'll have some more time I'll see how to continue with my projects. A lot of things are happening at this moment, unfortunately not a lot of time for any carbon work, but I'll have some important meetings in the next few weeks so I'm really excited about that! When I'll have some more interesting news I'll share them with you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com