Carbon Fiber Kick Stand. 40g, $40USD

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

No joke, this is real.

So the next time you get a sarcastic remark from a friend (or foe) that your bike is missing a kickstand and you're too much of a weight weenie to have one on there, you can retort that they do exist, but you chose not to use one (for whatever reason).

http://upstandingbicycle.com/
Last edited by prendrefeu on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Great for photographing your bike though!

EDIT: 40 bucks is a bit steep though.....

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Actually, tis is not a bad thing at all. The part that remains in the bike is only 7 grm.

mises

by mises

Big news for WW since I think it's the first part that hasn't gotten heavier over the last 3 years.

tcurtbike
Best Freak bike poster

by tcurtbike

If I whipped that out at the coffee shop stop I'd never live it down. What's wrong with leaning the bike against a wall? Weighs nothing.

elviento

by elviento

Seems the bike may not be upright enough for photography.

btompkins0112 wrote:Great for photographing your bike though!

Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

Kasparz

by Kasparz

btompkins0112 wrote:Great for photographing your bike though!

EDIT: 40 bucks is a bit steep though.....

But if you are a triathlete...

konky

by konky

Fun to see such a thing but surely the most useless pile of s#it on the planet. Who in there right mind would fit one of those to their WW beauty?

sungod

by sungod

ww bike on a kickstand? too much chance of it blowing away :D

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

If its a little windy you gota use your helmet to secure a sub 12lb bike to somthing or else your gona watch it go over.. And that kestrel is one of the freking ugliest bikes I have ever seen..
If you have a product how hard is it to borrow a couple of nice bikes to get some pictures of..
:noidea:

artray

by artray

The Guy in the vid calls it "very technical " :lol: Its a balancing stick made of carbon :lol:
He should go on dragons den .

Kasparz

by Kasparz

sugarkane wrote:If its a little windy you gota use your helmet to secure a sub 12lb bike to somthing or else your gona watch it go over.. And that kestrel is one of the freking ugliest bikes I have ever seen..
If you have a product how hard is it to borrow a couple of nice bikes to get some pictures of..
:noidea:

They do
http://upstandingbicycle.com/gallery/

But the reason they used Kestrel with some try-to-be-athlete bars are that you should feel sorry for them and buy that damn stick.

topflightpro

by topflightpro

The guy who invented that came out to our team's charity ride a few weeks ago, and he donated one for our charity raffle. I don't remember if he leaves near here or was just in town visiting and joined our ride.

He is a nice guy. If I remember correctly - I was only half listening, half working our event - he said he would lean his bikes against his wall in his house but the dirty tape would leave marks or the bikes would get knocked over, or something like that, so he came up with this stand as a lightweight and simple design that could be used in your home, office or at the local coffee shop.

It was actually a pretty cool little contraption in person. If I commuted a lot or did a lot of coffee shop rides, I'd definitely buy one.

Oh, and the bikes in the photos are his actual bikes. I recognize one from our ride. And I'll also add that my teammate was commenting on how dumb it seemed when the guy came up, told us he invented it and gave us the full spiel on it. It was a slightly awkward moment.

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Couple of points, that guys moooostache is far more impressive and I think that stand is probably the coolest set of chopsticks I've ever seen :lol:
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KLabs

by KLabs

Very inventive and novel, especially as the stick folds up and will fit in your jersey with little weight penalty and attaches via a magnetic holder. Very clever :-)