"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

micky

by micky

I thought he was at 95-97% of his top form for whole season. :mrgreen:

thencameyou

by thencameyou

re: pic of wiggins.

sky on mavic wheels next year? (mavic may be looking for another team, as liquigas/cannondale now sponsored by vision - where did it all go so wrong with their gear sponsorship)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

thencameyou wrote:re: pic of wiggins.

sky on mavic wheels next year? (mavic may be looking for another team, as liquigas/cannondale now sponsored by vision - where did it all go so wrong with their gear sponsorship)

Sky have no wheel sponsor. Mavic supply British Cycling though so there's always spares lying around if needed for training.

Using your reasoning you must be expecting Assos to be clothing supplier also.

campbellrae

by campbellrae

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but Team Sky are supposed to be wearing Rapha kit next season...

http://www.rapha.cc/teamsky/

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

campbellrae wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but Team Sky are supposed to be wearing Rapha kit next season...

http://www.rapha.cc/teamsky/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Old, old news from more than a month or so ago.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=106618

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

my question from a couple pages ago still stands, and despite the obvious shown in this picture [and yes vague tumblr picture]... i wonder if OPQS will adopt PRO and shimano components because of cav or stick with sram. i know cav has been using the sprint shifters and di2 since his highroad days so i wonder how he'd get on with the sram stuff. Also in the pic are look pedals which probably need the same "wider q" treatement as his old dura ace pedals.

has sram been confirmed to continued sponsorship of OPQS for 2013?

back on a venge

KWalker

by KWalker

That's not a PRO stem.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

KWalker wrote:That's not a PRO stem.

oh fo sho, looks to be a zipp stem. so cavendish doesn't get to use his own signature series stuff? :cry:

LittleSprinter

by LittleSprinter

Although, I'm sure it is a Specialized integrated crank, wonder what crank that is too, looks like the non-drive side is painted white.
Last edited by LittleSprinter on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

swiftvelo

by swiftvelo

It's the S-works crank in gloss paint.

thencameyou

by thencameyou

Rodrego Hernandez wrote:

Sky have no wheel sponsor. Mavic supply British Cycling though so there's always spares lying around if needed for training.

Was just a question. Why would wiggins use mavic at all for training on otherwise (resistance training?!) all of sky's press pics have shimano rims so presumably there is some extra money changing hands on top of their gruppo sponsorship

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

thencameyou wrote:
Rodrego Hernandez wrote:

Was just a question. Why would wiggins use mavic at all for training on otherwise (resistance training?!) all of sky's press pics have shimano rims so presumably there is some extra money changing hands on top of their gruppo sponsorship

It's probably just what was around for him to use. Don't read too much into one photo. They use 11 speed shimano wheels but ave a choice of whatever they like really, especially for training.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Contador on dope cheats.

"For cycling, it should be zero tolerance, I express myself less certain but it is clear that there is no place for cheaters," the Spaniard explained.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"I would love to do the Tour obviously," he explained. "I missed it this year. But if I only find out two months before, then I won't [be there]. I need enough time to prepare. Otherwise I won't be a part of it."

:lol: :evil: :lol: :evil:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contado ... ope-cheats
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

artray

by artray

He only got busted with the smallest trace of clenbuterol. I mean they have let other athletes off in other sports found with a higher dosage . If we are playing buy the rules then Contador should not have even been charged it was such a small amount. I do agree that the only chance of stopping doping is a life ban.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Errrm you forgot the plasticizers. :mrgreen:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree