New powermeter rumours

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Drappo

by Drappo

You know the release date of Rotor Power Meter?
Alhoa

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

aerozy

by aerozy

^ I think I remember reading somewhere that the Rotor powermeter release date was for December/January.
Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim

virenque

by virenque

. . . about to put money down on a power meter, but which one to get? SRM vs Quarq vs Power2Max . . . I know SRM is suppose to be the gold standard but what about the others . . . looking at a crank based meter . . .

Tillquist

by Tillquist

virenque wrote:. . . about to put money down on a power meter, but which one to get? SRM vs Quarq vs Power2Max . . . I know SRM is suppose to be the gold standard but what about the others . . . looking at a crank based meter . . .

I have 3 Power2max and all works great.
See all my bike h e r e

virenque

by virenque

I'm sure they are all reliable, but why does SRM still sell for much more than others, I'm pretty much decided on the SRM and budget is not an issue but should I consider something else?

virenque

by virenque

is there a comparison for the power meters currently available?

Stalkan

by Stalkan

I have both a Power2max on a 3D+ and a Hollowgram SRM. The Power2max has really impressed me in the short time I have had it and the only negative I can find is the weight. SRM is a great product but having to send it back once a year is kind of a problem if it is your only meter. The Quarq is now on par with SRM and has a couple more features, while still being a little less money. If I was looking for a new meter to work with my C'dale cranks then I would go Quarq; however, if I was looking to replace the whole crankset I wouldn't bother with neither SRM nor Quarq. The Power2max is a great unit, the price is very competitive, and it has the same feature set of the Quarq. It really is hard to beat and I can see why Tillquist has three.

virenque

by virenque

I've a SL4 with the Specialized cranks so I'm looking at buying just the power meter unit itself, also probable gonna use it with an edge500 so that narrows my choices down to a SRM or Quarq unless Power2max makes one for the Specialized crank. Also does anyone know how many strain gauges doe sthe above 3 have? 8, 4?

Stalkan

by Stalkan

SRM has 8, Quarq has 10, and Power2max has 4. Like I said, faced with adding just a meter to my Hollowgram, or in your case the S-works, I would go Quarq. No reason to pay more for the SRM. The Quarq has a user replaceable battery, which is huge in my book. It also is accurate to 1.5% versus 2% for the SRM, not really sure that matters. Lastly, it has powerbalance, which is a useless metric but nevertheless an interesting one to look at. Weight wise they are close to even, swap rings on either with no issues, and both look good. Again, I'd spend my money on the Quarq.

jever98

by jever98

The market is conservative and takes time to change. Also power2max user and very happy

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
----
No longer in the industry

aerozy

by aerozy

I have a power2max, a G3 powertap and two quarq's. My favourite has to be the new sram red quarq. It definitely is worth the extra cash over the S975. Love the design!

But have to say the power2max for the price and weight (i have the lightning version) has performed flawlessly. Ive thrown everything at it, rain, snow, hail, salt, crashes and works a gem. A lot of people have complained about temperature drift but the new ones have had this corrected. I have an old one which I still find works great as long as I calibrate it outside.
Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim

Geoff

by Geoff

@virenque, don't get too caught-up about the number of strain gauges, etc. The number of strain gauges required for the design is also related to the stability of the component parts utilized by the manufacturer that are not controlled by them and the interface of those parts with the PowerMeter chassis. As long as the PowerMeter you choose delivers the accuracy and reliability you are looking for, you are good-to-go.

virenque

by virenque

Like I said, I've the SL4 with the Specialized crankset, so my choices are down to the Quarq or SRM unless Power2max makes one that is compatible with the crankset

thebradshaw

by thebradshaw

Is the Garmin ever going to be released?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tillquist

by Tillquist

thebradshaw wrote:Is the Garmin ever going to be released?

Marts 2013
See all my bike h e r e