On the road today...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

It was about 8-10 degrees c depending on shade / sun ... In fairness i like the clear crisp days, today though it was just 20 miles in drizzly cold rain. Not fun.Its days like this you appreciate why you spend money on quality kit rather than penny pinching!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tinchy

by tinchy

Monkeyboy3333 wrote:It was about 8-10 degrees c depending on shade / sun ... In fairness i like the clear crisp days, today though it was just 20 miles in drizzly cold rain. Not fun.Its days like this you appreciate why you spend money on quality kit rather than penny pinching!

Whats wrong with plastic bags lining the shoes? :wink:

markyboy

by markyboy

Monkeyboy3333 wrote:40 mile route, somewhat protracted by the fact that every other turn was greeted by this ! These were slimy miles under the belt today but better than being on the turbo, this is the Sandford to Puxton road near Bristol. Rivers are running along roads around the mendips today, floods gonna get worse this weekend.

I can quite believe it,i have seen the roads in and around bristol under water.
What is going on in the uk? it has not stopped raining since april,when they said its a drought.
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

laleme

by laleme

Mount Timpanogos, Utah:

I'm not sure why the quality is so bad after resizing... here's a link to the fullsize image: http://i.imgur.com/nLxSl.jpg

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

tinchy wrote:
Monkeyboy3333 wrote:It was about 8-10 degrees c depending on shade / sun ... In fairness i like the clear crisp days, today though it was just 20 miles in drizzly cold rain. Not fun.Its days like this you appreciate why you spend money on quality kit rather than penny pinching!

Whats wrong with plastic bags lining the shoes? :wink:

Tinchy, that is inspired....i have heard sealskins waterproof socks do the business too. Anyone tried them?

Markyboy, I don't know... the joy of living on this island i guess. Sometimes we get some truly beautiful days but the majority require the right clothing!
Last edited by Monkeyboy3333 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

campbellrae

by campbellrae

Been using the sealskins for a few years now and they are great. Only problem I have with them is that they are not warm, so my feet can get pretty cold on long road rides. A pair of good liners and overshoes helps down to about -5 so should be fine for most days around Bristol!

Agree on the weather in the UK, was based in Hertford last winter and it was so dry/mild. This year I am back home in Scotland and it's been freaking awful since I moved in August :(

PSM

by PSM

To day:
Attachments
123.jpg

rainerhq

by rainerhq

Today:
Attachments
IMGP0926.JPG
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

Maximilian

by Maximilian

Here are some from this morning's ride. Its rained here pretty much (Warwickshire, UK.) the whole week apart from today.

Luckily the footpath way just above the waterline:

Time for a re-route, this was 2.5 feet deep according to the depth gauge. The water was rising too as I took the photo:

Two feet deep where the car is, there was so much water standing waves had formed. Grabbed a lift over on the back of a flatbed truck:

1.5 feet according to someone who walked across in wellies, I used the walkway:

I hope it doesn't rain anymore...

Pharmstrong

by Pharmstrong

Where in Warwickshire is that?

Maximilian

by Maximilian

South-east ish of the University of Warwick.

Strava: http://app.strava.com/activities/29518035

eurperg

by eurperg

Knog Boomer and Ass-savers fender, great stuff. :thumbup:

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

laleme, I resized it for you. Beautiful pic. :thumbup:

laleme

by laleme

^ thanks :)

cerro

by cerro

From today when riding as far west you can get in Norway, Sotra. Here's the other side of the island looking north. 1° Celsius

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com