Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

nspace

by nspace

Looks fantastic!

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Glad to hear that you like it!

I already finished it, but just didn't managed to completely build it...but here is a teaser ;)

I'll soon send some more photos.. ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Here it is, Berk PROTO-TYPE 5

974g with all the ALU parts:

Complete bike: 6.3kg
(with ALU bars and stem, Conti Sprinter tubulars etc.,...could drop some more weight here, and of course also a combo for myself in process)

I'll make some more photos as soon as we'll have a bit better weather here in Slovenia, right now it's raining...

Hope you like it!

steff

by steff

:shock: What can I say ? so nice work

giantdale

by giantdale

A visual candy :D

djay001

by djay001

this is just amazing, your prototype seems to always get better and better

your craftsmanship is just flawless!

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks to all! :beerchug:

Comments/opinions are more than welcome!

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Hey Monsieur Berk :thumbup:

What's your opinion about the geometry of a bike. Where do you get your inspiration from, who did you chose to follow and why?

I assume you can't have enough experience to have your own ideas about the right geometry.

Sorry if it has been asked already.

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

Come on Berk you are slacking! I fully expected a Berk crankset :thumbup:

Reamens

by Reamens

Impressive :) There is not much pull!
Very high level of work.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Hey Monsieur Berk :thumbup:

What's your opinion about the geometry of a bike. Where do you get your inspiration from, who did you chose to follow and why?

I assume you can't have enough experience to have your own ideas about the right geometry.

Sorry if it has been asked already.

I made the geometry based on my previous bikes that I had. I keep the 130mm long stem because I'm used to it, and also the setback from the BB is the same as I had for years, so basicly I made a geometry of a long and low frame. Probably you can see it already from the photo, that it's quite low for that lenght. The angle of the headtube and seatpost is 73.3°, if you have a look at most of the geometries of a frame size around 56 you'll see that most of them have around 73 - 73.5.

NWSAlpine wrote:Come on Berk you are slacking! I fully expected a Berk crankset :thumbup:

:lol: :beerchug:

@Reamens
Thanks!

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

I'll take it!! :beerchug:

What's your bank number Berk? :wink:
I guess there's worse hobbies than making a bike light? Right?

fletch62

by fletch62

Berk,
Absolutely love your work :up:
My favourite is the P3 frame
Regarding your saddle combos, i along with others would love one with a cutout or channel, but can you maybe design one with a wider sitbone in mind. A saddle 145mm wide would be perfect.
I currently use the Merek SQ1 saddle and something along that design or the B-People 109 saddle would be perfect.
The Merek attaches the rails at the centre at the rear, which allows the sides to flex, similar i guess to how yours would be constructed to attach to the post.
[url]http://www.bpeople.it/ITA/product.php?id=4/url]
[url]http://www.merekbike.com/megafat.htm/url]
Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

@weeracerweenie

:mrgreen: :beerchug:

@fletch62
I'm really happy to hear that, thanks!
Regarding the saddle shape - basicly I could make it wider. Only there is a problem with the hole in the centre, because as long as I laminate the seatpost to the saddle shell I can't make it with a hole, only with a channel.

I already started with a new design for my saddle combos, basicly that it would be a saddle with integrated saddle rails, but didn't managed yet to make a prototype that I would be happy with. As soon as I make it I'll post some photos. In that case I could bond on any saddle (also with cutout). So hopefully when I'll have some more free time I'll make it, I'll for sure keep you updated. It would also add some comfort, basicly it would be the same as using an ordinary saddle, only that it would be much lighter. Anyway, as soon as I'll have some news I'll let you know, unfortunately at this moment I'm just to busy with other duties (study,..), but I'll for sure keep you updated!

I also made the first test rides with prototype 5 :thumbup:
What I like the most (compared to PT4) is the new Sram Red groupset! Otherwise I can already say that the frame is a bit stiffer, but will write more about it as soon as I make some more kilometers. I managed to add stiffness on the area where I wanted, so I guess this one is pretty much the best that I can make with tube-to-tube. For next project I really want to start with monocoque, but we will see, depends from my financial status. Otherwise I'm also thinking to start with a tube-to-tube TT frame...hmmm..?

I have an interesting concept how to make a t-t-t TT (tube-to-tube Time Trial :mrgreen:) frame, and I could make those moulds by myself. Monocoque is unfortunately to complex to start with them in my own workshop, and of course it's also very expensive... So there are bad and good sides for both, t-t-t and monocoque. For a TT frame it's maybe even more important to be able to make a custom geometry. I know a lot of cyclists who have problems with their fit on different TT frames, I'm also one of them..any opinions are welcome!

Imaking20

by Imaking20

That's because new SRAM red is awesome!!!

Beautiful bike, Jure!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com