HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: My fit
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:13 pm 

will102 wrote:
Here is a screen shot of the video. Don't know if that helps?

Question - if this was a ride or a race what's the closest to this position. If I was riding next to you in a group and we were chatting it seems fine. If we were in a break and you were pushing hard on a flat section I would think you are too upright. Best thing to judge position is to show us 3 scenarios. Casual, Climb and Full Gas.

OK - total (duh) on my part - I went back and looked the vid. I came from a forum that had youtube code so it totally escaped me. Honestly I think you look pretty good. I still would love to see a shot of full gas in the drops to properly eval your stem height but you look better than many pros I used to ride and race with lol.

Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:13 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:39 pm 

hasbeen wrote:
I am a little surprised that everyone thinks the saddle is too low! I think it looks pretty good and actually there might be a leg length issue w/the left leg being shorter. If the saddle goes higher we might be asking for knee and/or low back issues.
I do agree that the front end can come down.
I wouldnt make any definitive suggestions without being able to watch in person especially considering what I think I saw.
Just wanted to chime in before another person made mistakes because of a forum fit.

I agree on this. I do not think that saddle is too low. Front is a bit high, try lowering it and see if your back can take it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:08 pm 

Thanks for all the replies guys! I will try and get another video up tomorrow with a bit more effort in the drops for comparison.

Cheers!

Will

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:28 pm 

For the "NNS", here is a video into why your going numb due to loss of blood flow of saddle choice

http://youtu.be/X39e4V-BZjE

Specalized seem to believe they are onto something.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:51 pm 

will102 wrote:
Hi here is a video of my bike fit as it is at the moment. Any critique/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

I think your saddle is marginally too low. A thing to check for riders that haven't done a bike fit before and think they may be too low or other riders say they are too low is jump on the bike with your shoes on and put your heels over the pedal spindle and pedal backwards, if your heels stay firmly planted then normally you are too low, you should get a slight lift of your heels as you go through each BDC (note though, if your shoes have raised heels then go just forward of those).

Otherwise your setback looks reasonably good and you can go lower in the front over time but don't rush that, just knock a 5mm spacer out every four or five weeks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:57 am 

I don't think it is as low as I thought. I think I would suggest trying 5mm first to see how it feels. The setback looks ok to me.

On the bar height, just change one thing at a time so that you can tell what it is you're feeling. Saddle height is more important.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:42 am 
Administrator

I have to agree with others. The position looks too far back and low. The bars need to be lower since you do look too upright. I would not recommend changing anything but would say you might be best off in the long run working with a fitter.

-First one over the cliff wins!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:07 pm 

OK so here is another video with a bit in the drops

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VwW9R7i ... e=youtu.be

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:05 pm 

will102 wrote:
OK so here is another video with a bit in the drops

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VwW9R7i ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm afraid that doesn't tell us much. It looks like you are not in a "true" drop position. I think rollers are the culprit here. If you have a regular trainer where you don't have to think about balance and can get down and just hammer away that would be better.

You really need to visualize a last lap or 2 attack in a crit or last kilo balls out move in a RR to give us a true visual.

What I am seeing though is a nice straight back regardless of the angle. Once you get dialed in you will look very good.. you might be already but we really have to see it first. Let's put it this way. You look better than Lance ever did already :lol:

Proper ositioning basically 3 major points in order of importance IMHO.

1. Comfort and injury prevention

2. Efficiency and power transfer

3. Aerodynamics.

You can't win in pain and you can't compete if you are hurt. Fortunately 2 and 3 many times fall into place once 1 is achieved. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:24 pm 

Thanks or the feedback. My rollers have resistance in them so am probably putting in more power than it looks like for some of it (350-400W)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:34 pm 

Unrelated to fit - if that's your normal trainer location, have you thought about setting up a fan? You might like to sweat a lot, not sure. It took me years for the fan idea to finally dawn on me. :)
You also look young, so if you want to have children, better fix that nns thing. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:35 pm 

will102 wrote:
Thanks or the feedback. My rollers have resistance in them so am probably putting in more power than it looks like for some of it (350-400W)

Here's a good pic of probably one of the most aero guys in the professional peloton. It's hard to find a perfect one of him since he's mainly known for is perfect TT position.

In hard races you will spend probably more time in this position than most others. See if you can get your hands where his are and imagine the effort and compare.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:53 pm 

Wow thats a flat foot at the bottom of the pedel stroke as well

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:11 pm 

will102 wrote:
Wow thats a flat foot at the bottom of the pedel stroke as well

Lucky catch there on that shoot too. Glad you noticed it.

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:11 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:28 pm 

Think my saddle would have to be a whole lot lower to be like that!

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next