Bulge in carbon fairing, fsa vision t42

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

tri

by tri

I recently discovered a bulge on my front wheel, so I started to look a bit closer. Checked both the front and the rear wheel and found allot more bulges in the carbon fairing(?). The wheels are fsa vision t42 and come along with my focus mares cx1 (2012).

I took some picture but it's hard to see, since most of the small ones are under the stickers. The big one on the front however is hard to miss. The wheel it self is nice and straight. But am I wrong to think that this isn't a good or normal thing to expect with a ~1year old wheel set?

(Tried to contact the place were I bought the complete bike, haven't received any answers yet. After business hours)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

adidavas

by adidavas

go to warranty service if it have warranty. Its hard to see defectives in pictures

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

The carbon may be pretty thin, but it's not a "fairing", as the spoke nipples are at the edge of the rim.
Those look a lot like what happens under the force of spoke tension. Still, it shouldn't be doing that. At least in the US, FSA/Vision warranty is pretty good.

tri

by tri

Just wanted report back with that I got a pair off new wheels without any fuzz! :thumbup:

kevbh

by kevbh

I have the same problem with a set of these wheels. They are 15months old and bulges have appeared in one side of the rear wheel. has anyone else had this problem?? I am based in england and not sure who best to get in contact with as I bought the wheels in holland.

gnulff

by gnulff

I have the same problem with a pair of Vision T42 road wheels, that came with a special Bianchi design. Bulges has appeared slowly more and more, and now the rear wheel has bulges almost all over. I won the bike as a price in a contest, and therefore I don't have a dealer to direct my question.

The wheel is now two years, so I guess it is a bit late for using the warranty. And the wheel has been straight and well-working up until now. But now it has become a little bent.

Christian W, Norway

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com