TREK Madone #7

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

lone wheeler

by lone wheeler

I love that chrome deda tape! must get me some soon. 8)

eurperg

by eurperg

@Majklnajt, found this Madone with Dura-Ace for sale accidentally, don't know about the size, could be 58?

http://www.bramatipoint.com/1/usato_str ... 479_1.html

Not gunmetal though...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

munk93

by munk93

Thats not a 58. :)

majklnajt

by majklnajt

No, thats a 56. But thanks anyway eurperg! ;)

munk93

by munk93

It's funny how slopeframes lookes like s*** in size 58-60 or above while Traditional geo frames looks like S*** when 54 or under. I would love to be 10 cm lower. (I'm 187 :) )

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Cool! Thanks Rumsas!
I wrote him... I hope he understands English. If not, can you help then?
BTW, which language is this?

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Damjan,

link is .dk

Danish it is

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Oh, how silly of me :) Thanks.
This mean around 800 € ?

munk93

by munk93

Well If it's danish... :thumbup:
With that paintsheme you gotta make it nude ;)

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Yeah, but its too expensive for me :(
Would make it nude as you and dcj9 did...

Rumsas

by Rumsas

For sure i can help :D but yes it's expensive, maybe he want's to sell it a little bit cheaper

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Thank you! :thumbup:

Daddy yo yo

by Daddy yo yo

nice project, i am looking forward to seeing this proceed!

as for the comments on swapping a colnago for a trek and the qualities of a madone frameset (even early ones): madones have always been good bikes. but they have never ever scored top rates in any single test category, whereas they have always scored top overall ratings! and as far as i am concerned, i see colnago as religion: either you love it, or you don't. the love gets a little extreme sometimes and some loose their objectiveness... but i guess the same is true for many other manufacturers, if not all!

anyway, i have ALWAYS loved my madone (2007), as it is a perfectly balanced bike. it's stiff enough, but it is comfortable at the same time. there is absolutely no need to worry about its riding qualities. in fact, i have heard colnago riders complain about their bikes, saying they were too soft/not stiff enough and had poor downhill qualities. a friend of mine who owned a ridiculously expensive extreme power said that his bike behaved like a supertanker: great when going straight, but quite stubborn when you want to take a turn...

so, enjoy building it! and consider getting a new paint if the old one's not good enough! :thumbup:
My contribution to more beautiful roads: - old - / - new -

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Daddy yo yo

by Daddy yo yo

user oclv from the german tour forum had one of these built with DA7800, xxx lite low profile wheels, and also a silver DA seatpost... he had -17° ritchey stem on it...

i like the original paint and the blueish elements. at first i was going to say, use the blue to start your build with a blue chris king headset (or cane creek 110) but i am afraid that would be too much... black then!

i wouldn't go for these shiny polished deda components as they will never match the frame colour (and definitely not the DA seatpost). i wouldn't use silver stem/bars neither. black is what i would go for, probably deda zero parts as they have decent blueish bits too. i like the deda superzero carbon seatpost too but i am not sure if the 3k carbon fibre would look good on that build. the silver DA seatpost plus a black saddle are a great match though!

wheelswise i have always loved deep-v rims on this bike. 50mm are just about perfect! if those wheels have silver spokes, even better...

groupset: i understand that you wish to use DA7800, however, i guess i would prefer DA7900 or even the new sram red...

anyway, it is YOUR build and as long as you like what you're building it is just about perfect! enjoy building!!! :beerchug:
My contribution to more beautiful roads: - old - / - new -