HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:57 pm
Posts: 38
Location: Flanderia, Belgie
I live in a US DUMB, which is top secret. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:19 pm 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:18 pm
Posts: 78
Location: Bristol, UK
Look or sound familiar:

Location: Flanderia, Belgie

So cheapest from Italy to the deep underground military base(??) in Belgium people... :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:32 pm
Posts: 676
Location: belgium
If you wait until next spring:
I have booked a stay in Tuscany in April, so I could pick up the frame for you and bring it to Belgium
(for 29.99,-) 8)

_________________
Bianchi EV3, Master Olympic, Pinarello Asolo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:32 pm
Posts: 7411
Location: Los Angeles / Glendale, California
EKIMIKE wrote:
Look or sound familiar:

Location: Flanderia, Belgie

So cheapest from Italy to the deep underground military base(??) in Belgium people... :roll:


He/she did not update is location status on his profile until recently. Previous posts to this thread were at a time when "dog" did not have a location set and did not give any information about where (in Italy) the frame was being shipped or to where (in the EU) the frame would be received. Now that he/she has set his/her location, previous posts would not make any sense unless there was some clarification.

_________________
Exp001 || TeamLACBC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:32 pm
Posts: 676
Location: belgium
Thanks Prendrefeu.

In any way, I would not mind if I was just blind and didn't see that info.

What I do mind is, that it seems as if the opening poster does not give all the information that would answer his question, on purpose.
So for me it feels like he is wasting fellow WW's time and I consider this disrespectful.

I would be glad if proven wrong in this case.
If the opening poster would have invested a little more effort, I would be willing to ask some of the people I know going to Italy regularly, to see if they could take the frame. Just to show how far this can go, if only treating people with a little more respect. :|

_________________
Bianchi EV3, Master Olympic, Pinarello Asolo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:18 pm
Posts: 78
Location: Bristol, UK
prendrefeu wrote:
He/she did not update is location status on his profile until recently. Previous posts to this thread were at a time when "dog" did not have a location set and did not give any information about where (in Italy) the frame was being shipped or to where (in the EU) the frame would be received. Now that he/she has set his/her location, previous posts would not make any sense unless there was some clarification.


Sorry, you misunderstood me. I wasn't insinuating that everyone was missing the location info. Simply that his/her allusion to secrecy is undermined by their willingness to now give such info. Again, he/she appears to be being obtuse about the whole thing.

I linked to the post from 30th Oct because i co-incidentally stumbled upon it and found it odd that there was location info then but not when he/she started the thread. That must have been another co-incidence of timing - he/she must have updated their location info between me seeing the US DUMB post (made sans location info) and me stumbling across the 30th Oct post. (If you add location info it retrospectively amends all previous posts)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:57 pm
Posts: 38
Location: Flanderia, Belgie
de zwarten wrote:
Thanks Prendrefeu.

In any way, I would not mind if I was just blind and didn't see that info.

What I do mind is, that it seems as if the opening poster does not give all the information that would answer his question, on purpose.
So for me it feels like he is wasting fellow WW's time and I consider this disrespectful.

I would be glad if proven wrong in this case.
If the opening poster would have invested a little more effort, I would be willing to ask some of the people I know going to Italy regularly, to see if they could take the frame. Just to show how far this can go, if only treating people with a little more respect. :|


What a cheesy poster. What's wrong with people on this board?
I gave enough and the most pertinent information in my post to begin with. Given that people will only read 50-75% of the actual post, best to keep it short and stupid.

I'm out of this silly forum. Carry on chatting amongst yourselves..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:32 pm
Posts: 7411
Location: Los Angeles / Glendale, California
Original subject:
dog wrote:
I am looking for cheapest shipping FROM Italy to EU


Original post, in full, unedited:
dog wrote:
If you are native or not, could you give some suggestions of a firma/courier? Friend says it's 60€ to ship a frame.
I am looking for something cheaper, I'm sure there must be.

Grazie!


dog wrote:
I gave enough and the most pertinent information in my post to begin with. Given that people will only read 50-75% of the actual post, best to keep it short and stupid.


:noidea:

_________________
Exp001 || TeamLACBC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 326
Have you even bothered to get a quote from DHL? If you want an Italian company, someone's already mentioned Poste Italiane. Another is BRT, they're Milanese.

I've worked with Italian businesses who've had to ship bulky items infrequently to me (UK). They use DHL, because no Italian courier would beat their price.

I'm adding some fluff here, because apparently you're only reading the first 70% of a post.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bombertodd and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Cheapest 15 lb bike

in Road

dvincere

4

764

Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:34 am

Frankie - B View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Cheapest road hydraulic setup?

in Road

eigner

10

477

Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:23 am

amey View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Shipping Bike from USA to Europe - and back

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in Cycle Chat

Zoro

26

1233

Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:47 am

seanblurr View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Praxis campag bb conversion shipping!

in Road

sugarkane

11

706

Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:06 pm

Butcher View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Stans 340/Extralite SX-SLX wheelset $600+shipping negotiable

in For sale - Pictures are mandatory 22-3-13

Fourthbook

0

247

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:06 pm

Fourthbook View the latest post


It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:27 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB