I am looking for cheapest shipping FROM Italy to EU

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

User avatar
dog
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:57 pm
Location: Flanderia, Belgie

by dog

I live in a US DUMB, which is top secret. :thumbup:

by Weenie


EKIMIKE
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:18 pm
Location: Bristol, UK

by EKIMIKE

Look or sound familiar:

Location: Flanderia, Belgie

So cheapest from Italy to the deep underground military base(??) in Belgium people... :roll:

User avatar
de zwarten
Posts: 839
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:32 pm
Location: belgium

by de zwarten

If you wait until next spring:
I have booked a stay in Tuscany in April, so I could pick up the frame for you and bring it to Belgium
(for 29.99,-) 8)

User avatar
prendrefeu
Posts: 8590
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:32 pm
Location: Los Feliz, Los Angeles, California
Contact:

by prendrefeu

EKIMIKE wrote:Look or sound familiar:

Location: Flanderia, Belgie

So cheapest from Italy to the deep underground military base(??) in Belgium people... :roll:


He/she did not update is location status on his profile until recently. Previous posts to this thread were at a time when "dog" did not have a location set and did not give any information about where (in Italy) the frame was being shipped or to where (in the EU) the frame would be received. Now that he/she has set his/her location, previous posts would not make any sense unless there was some clarification.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

User avatar
de zwarten
Posts: 839
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:32 pm
Location: belgium

by de zwarten

Thanks Prendrefeu.

In any way, I would not mind if I was just blind and didn't see that info.

What I do mind is, that it seems as if the opening poster does not give all the information that would answer his question, on purpose.
So for me it feels like he is wasting fellow WW's time and I consider this disrespectful.

I would be glad if proven wrong in this case.
If the opening poster would have invested a little more effort, I would be willing to ask some of the people I know going to Italy regularly, to see if they could take the frame. Just to show how far this can go, if only treating people with a little more respect. :|

EKIMIKE
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:18 pm
Location: Bristol, UK

by EKIMIKE

prendrefeu wrote:He/she did not update is location status on his profile until recently. Previous posts to this thread were at a time when "dog" did not have a location set and did not give any information about where (in Italy) the frame was being shipped or to where (in the EU) the frame would be received. Now that he/she has set his/her location, previous posts would not make any sense unless there was some clarification.


Sorry, you misunderstood me. I wasn't insinuating that everyone was missing the location info. Simply that his/her allusion to secrecy is undermined by their willingness to now give such info. Again, he/she appears to be being obtuse about the whole thing.

I linked to the post from 30th Oct because i co-incidentally stumbled upon it and found it odd that there was location info then but not when he/she started the thread. That must have been another co-incidence of timing - he/she must have updated their location info between me seeing the US DUMB post (made sans location info) and me stumbling across the 30th Oct post. (If you add location info it retrospectively amends all previous posts)

User avatar
dog
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:57 pm
Location: Flanderia, Belgie

by dog

de zwarten wrote:Thanks Prendrefeu.

In any way, I would not mind if I was just blind and didn't see that info.

What I do mind is, that it seems as if the opening poster does not give all the information that would answer his question, on purpose.
So for me it feels like he is wasting fellow WW's time and I consider this disrespectful.

I would be glad if proven wrong in this case.
If the opening poster would have invested a little more effort, I would be willing to ask some of the people I know going to Italy regularly, to see if they could take the frame. Just to show how far this can go, if only treating people with a little more respect. :|


What a cheesy poster. What's wrong with people on this board?
I gave enough and the most pertinent information in my post to begin with. Given that people will only read 50-75% of the actual post, best to keep it short and stupid.

I'm out of this silly forum. Carry on chatting amongst yourselves..

User avatar
prendrefeu
Posts: 8590
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:32 pm
Location: Los Feliz, Los Angeles, California
Contact:

by prendrefeu

Original subject:
dog wrote:I am looking for cheapest shipping FROM Italy to EU


Original post, in full, unedited:
dog wrote:If you are native or not, could you give some suggestions of a firma/courier? Friend says it's 60€ to ship a frame.
I am looking for something cheaper, I'm sure there must be.

Grazie!


dog wrote:I gave enough and the most pertinent information in my post to begin with. Given that people will only read 50-75% of the actual post, best to keep it short and stupid.


:noidea:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Pharmstrong
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:17 pm

by Pharmstrong

Have you even bothered to get a quote from DHL? If you want an Italian company, someone's already mentioned Poste Italiane. Another is BRT, they're Milanese.

I've worked with Italian businesses who've had to ship bulky items infrequently to me (UK). They use DHL, because no Italian courier would beat their price.

I'm adding some fluff here, because apparently you're only reading the first 70% of a post.

Locked
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post