2011 Cannondale SuperSix Hi Mod ~6195g

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

worstshotever

by worstshotever

Thought I would introduce the new self-torture machine/race steed/vorpal sword killer of the undead. I have been down with a lung infection almost since I brought it home, so I can't say much about the ride just yet or taken any pictures beyond the requisite shop scale photos on the cell. Nonetheless, here's a quick visual and build list:

This build, like my prior (see sig), was parted from either new or high-quality used parts obtained in the main from internet retailers and ebay over the course of more than a year. I had most of what I needed for a long while, but with the advent of a new dependent on my IRS tax forms and new position at work, I haven't had time to assemble. Finally I got tired of waiting and had the LBS do it for me. As a consequence of that approach, I did not weigh every article here. But I include the weights below for those parts I know or have some basis to believe are accurate.

Item / Description / grams
Frame: 2011 Cannondale SuperSix Hi-Mod 52cm [920g] (included 4 bottle bolts, seat collar, hanger, and warning stickers)
Fork: Cannondale [344g] (uncut)
Headset: Cannondale [n/a]
Seatpost Clamp: Cannondale [n/a] (included in frame)
Expander plug: Ultrastar extralite [9g]
Bars: 3T Ergosum LTD 31.8 x 40cm [174g]
Seatpost: 3T Doric LTD 31.6 x 280 [n/a] (uncut)
Stem: Zipp Service Course SL 31.8 x 110mm [120g]
Stem top cap / bolt: Fairwheel bikes Shoot-out [6g]
Spacers: Omni Racer carbon 10mm [n/a]
Crankset: Cannondale Hollowgram SiSl BB30 170mm [n/a]
Chainrings: Cannondale MK V 50/34 [n/a]
Chain: Campy Record 10 [n/a]
Chain Catcher: CRT Designs 6061 Alum. [n/a]
RD: 2009? Campy Record 10 [188g]
FD: 2009? Campy Record 10 [72g]
Brakes: 2012 Ciamillo Zero Gravity GSL [n/a]
Cassette: 2006 Campy Record 10 sti 12-25 [190g]
Levers: 2009? Campy Record 10 [350g]
FD clamp: Parlee carbon 34.9mm [7g]
Wheelset A: 2006 Reynolds Cirro MV32 [1175g]
Tires A: Veloflex Carbon tubulars [n/a]
Wheelset B: 2013 Mavic R-Sys [n/a]
Tires B: Mavic Yksion whatevers [n/a]
Tubes: various [n/a]
Cables: Yokozuna Reaction [n/a]
Pedals: Speedplay Zero - Ward Ti [158g]
Saddle: Fizik Arrione CF braided [n/a]
Skewers: BlackOps [44g]
Tape: Fizik Microtex [n/a]
Cage: Arundel Mandibles [56g]

The hanging scale claimed a mass, absent pedals or cages, of 13lbs and 3oz, aka 13.1875lbs, aka 5981.75g. Add 214g for pedals/cages, for a total mass of ~6195g, or 13.65lbs in its light wheel configuration. Not bad, as I didn't go super bonkers here by WW standards; there's little unobtanium and no drillium. That said, I will do most of my training and riding on the new R-Sys clinchers (2-year warranty!), so that likely adds another 1/2 pound of fat at least. No complaints though -- it was another relatively budget build, and it looks sweet if you ask me. More pics and ride report to come, if and when I kick this bronchial plague I've got going. Enjoy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

deltree

by deltree

Lovely build. Out of curiosity how tall are you and what's the top of the saddle to the BB measurement?

worstshotever

by worstshotever

I'm a bit more than 5'7" or approx 170cm, and run my saddle top /bb center ~70.5cm. The seatpost in that picture is not even close to where it ended up.

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Very nice weight on a quasi sensible build. Please do post more pictures when you have a chance, and hope you recover soon.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

thencameyou

by thencameyou

Component matching weenie asks: where is your 3t stem?

Overall impression = great! (and an excellent weight too) anything with 10 spd record on it gets kudos from me.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

10sp Record, excellent.

Worstshot, I always love your builds! Another job well done.

worstshotever

by worstshotever

Thanks. I'm a big fan of Record 10. From a cost/function/durability/looks calculus, I think it's awfully hard to beat. The drawback, of course, is the limit on access to the wheelsets of my friends. I seriously contemplated making a switch to Shim-Sram (in the form of Sram Red), but in the end I stuck to my guns. It's amazing the deals you can find on really clean sets of this stuff out there because it is phasing out.

As to the non-matching cockpit -- I hear ya, and I looked and looked, and ultimately couldn't swallow the cost for an LTD stem, esp. given how inexpensive this one was. Plus, I'm experimenting a bit on length over the winter (I've got a couple others I'm switching out), so I figured I'd wait till I have my fit dialed before dropping a wad on a matching stem. Further, I have to admit, I like the looks of the Zipp. What can I say?

I've got nothing much to add about the ride. I am *still* coughing crap up, 3 weeks in, and have gotten out on it only twice, the last time for an astounding 10 miles before I concluded I was making things worse. Bike felt great, even though I personally felt like hell. I suppose that's saying something. I hope to be in a position to update sooner rather than later (although I'm sitting here coughing while I type that. Grrr.)

thencameyou

by thencameyou

arx pro with ti bolts will be at least as light as the the ltd, and not blow your budget...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com