Superlite and Zero Gravity Brakes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Delpi

by Delpi

Superlite:
Looks almost identical to the CAT's, but the improvments are noted. Very nice touch with the CNC'd pad holder, a far cry from the CAT holders, ehh, don't remind me. Not to mention the cheap pads they once had are now Kool Stop, the finest there is. Titanium hardware is abundent, all but the cable tension adjustment, where it would only add weight. Titanium bolt is now used for the cable mount, surface area MUCH larger, should prevent the cable slippage the CAT's were plagued with. Spring now has correct tension, both arms move simaltaniously, as before one would hit the rim before the other started to move. Looks great, an engineering piece of art. A piece to be on every weight weenies bicycle. I'll keep you guys posted.
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... php?t=1330

:?: Have you tested (on the road) the Zero Gravity brakes??

:?: Are they really better than CAT USA Brakes???
Ciao Zauri

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Delpi

by Delpi

Attachments
zg1.jpg
best-roibrakes.jpg
Ciao Zauri

spytech

by spytech

yes i am also waiting on superlites diagnosis. DR.superlite, tell me if i should spend 80 bucks or not :roll: the most intresting thing is the balanced spring, and are the new pads better? superlite hurry :!:

Superlite

by Superlite

Hey, be patient guys, just got back from New Mexico this weekend. Had to go kick some ass in the Lobo Classic.

I'll have them on today or tomorrow, so you'll have to be a little patient. :wink:

nicrump

by nicrump

and how did you do in the lobo classic?

Superlite

by Superlite

Took 4th in the TT, 7th in the Crit. Kinda sucked, I literally had 4 minutes to warm up for the TT, and I had ben standing around in freezing weather for 2 hours. Otherwise I would have pimped it.

spytech

by spytech

Superlite wrote:I had ben standing around in freezing weather for 2 hours. Otherwise I would have pimped it.

sucks for that. what bike did you ride for TT

now tell us about the brakes :D

Superlite

by Superlite

My Cannondale. I don't own a TT bike. :cry:

CP

by CP

Sorry to bring this up again on this board, but Superlite, did you get my email concerning your inserts?
CP

spytech

by spytech

do they really weigh you bike at these events or races? hurry on the brakes, i think im going to upgrade 8)

Superlite

by Superlite

do they really weigh you bike at these events or races? hurry on the brakes, i think im going to upgrade

Very rarely, but at nationals yeah.

I just got my brakes installed today. Feedback from my mechanic is they are still hard to setup. They tend to slip and not stay center, took a long time to adjust, but seems fine now. Brake pads also were slipping around, perhapes the machined surface is too smooth? Besides a somewhat painful setup they seem great, and feel powerful. I'll go riding tomorow and let the real test began.

And CP, I never heard back from you. Try it again, somethings up. Did you get my email?

spytech

by spytech

from the sounds of it - i dont think i am going to upgrade - the spring you have looks just like mine, how did they balance it?

Superlite

by Superlite

The spring was redesigned, it is balanced. Both arms move simaltenously, not one arm hitting the rim then the other likt the CAT's. Set is just a bit of a pain.

Just a note for ZeroG, the concave milling of the brake arms is too smooth, the pad holders do not stay in place very well. The surfaces just need to be roughed up a bit.

Also the instructions could be written better. My mechanics complaint was it was just a list of torque specs, no trouble shooting details. My mechainic spent over an hour to set them up, and he's been around the block, use to work for 7-Eleven, and Team Motorola.

But after setup, the seem great. I'll know how well they stop me in 12 hours. If you don't hear back by then, I probley went over a cliff. :wink:

spytech

by spytech

would you like my mechanic from toga bike shop 25 years, and still going... :D when i first got them i did not have any instructions, he said no problem, i asked him if they were hard to adjust, he said "man it's just a brake, and your talking to the master" :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cyco

by Cyco

Superlite, is that Geoff Brown? A real nice guy- He through in a Merckx bike bag, a couple of Open CXs, some gloves, a jersey and a shit load of Motorola bottles when I bought Hincapies "Caloi" a couple of years ago.
Success is how far you you bounce back up after being knocked down