2012 Cervelo S5 with Ultegra Di2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

wangsanegara
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:10 am

by wangsanegara

My latest bike...

Size 51, 2012 Cervelo S5 with the following:
- Shimano Ultegra Di2 Groupset
- Enve Smart 3.4 Tubular Wheelset
- Continental Sprinter Tubular
- Rotor 3D+ Crank with Oval Rotor Chainring 50/34
- TRP R979 Magnesium Brake Caliper
- Speedplay Zero Stainless Steel
- Deda Stem and Pressa Handlebar, with Arundel Bar Tape
- Fizik Antares Saddle
- Arundel Mandible Bottle Cage
- Custom Garmin Mount (Adjustable viewing angle)

Pictures...
Image
Image
Image
Image

Thanks,
Andreas W.

by Weenie


Sabracadabra
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:54 am

by Sabracadabra

Great looking bike. Enjoy!
2011 Scott Scale Premium
2013 Scott Foil 10

nismosr
Posts: 1018
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 5:15 pm

by nismosr

pretty good .. is that a custom made garmin bracket thats holding the mount ?

wangsanegara
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:10 am

by wangsanegara

nismosr wrote:pretty good .. is that a custom made garmin bracket thats holding the mount ?


Hi Nismosr,

Thanks.

Yes, that is a custom made from my own machine shop. Standard issue on my local team riders who use Garmin Edge.

Regards,
A.W

mbdub80
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:58 am

by mbdub80

mantab bro!!!
hows your rotor 50 oval? i'm thinking to get the same setup on mine.
does it really help the dead point when you ascend?

deltasierra
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:41 pm

by deltasierra

Is there a thread for your RaboGiant? If not, I would love to see it. Nice S5.

Sibe
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:17 pm

by Sibe

Beautiful bike, I love the white TRP calipers against the white frame

wolfesquire
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:03 am

by wolfesquire

..............................................................................weight?

wangsanegara
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:10 am

by wangsanegara

mbdub80 wrote:mantab bro!!!
hows your rotor 50 oval? i'm thinking to get the same setup on mine.
does it really help the dead point when you ascend?


Using Oval on Ascend will always depends on your leg ... :D
For my riding style, oval will definitely help on flats where you push your limit. Improve my power output...

A.W

wangsanegara
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:10 am

by wangsanegara

deltasierra wrote:Is there a thread for your RaboGiant? If not, I would love to see it. Nice S5.


Hi Deltasierra,

I posted awhile ago, but I think its already several pages back. Search using keyword wangsanegara to look for the thread.

A.W

wangsanegara
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:10 am

by wangsanegara

wolfesquire wrote:..............................................................................weight?


Not particularly light at 7.05kg

A.W

wangsanegara
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:10 am

by wangsanegara

jorgefcd wrote:which is the best for you? giant or cervelo?
The two bikes are beutiful ;)


S5 is an aero bike and intended purpose is for flats with rolling hills. The Giant is mostly for climbing. Since where I live vary in course terrain, I have 2 bikes for the types of terrain.
With the S5 I could maintain 45km/h effortless, but a bit pushing with the Giant. But on 10% gradient is the other way around.

A.W

User avatar
Powerful Pete
Moderator
Posts: 4004
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:22 am
Location: Lima, Peru and occasionally in the Washington DC area.
Contact:

by Powerful Pete

:thumbup:

Not much else to say on that Cervelo!
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...pastatrails.blogspot.com
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF
Posts: 3172
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:44 am
Contact:

by nathanong87

wangsanegara wrote:
jorgefcd wrote:which is the best for you? giant or cervelo?
The two bikes are beutiful ;)


S5 is an aero bike and intended purpose is for flats with rolling hills. The Giant is mostly for climbing. Since where I live vary in course terrain, I have 2 bikes for the types of terrain.
With the S5 I could maintain 45km/h effortless, but a bit pushing with the Giant. But on 10% gradient is the other way around.

A.W


i wish i could afford a different bike for different terrains.... i also wish i could maintain 27mph effortlessly....

Sabracadabra
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:54 am

by Sabracadabra

Try a Scott Foil
2011 Scott Scale Premium
2013 Scott Foil 10

by Weenie


Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post