PRIMERA.SPORT.COM

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

DuncanS

by DuncanS

One order with them, good experience great price. The minus VAT system for o/s orders was a bit quirky but whatever happened, in the end I got a good price.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

brycerider

by brycerider

Have used them three times for Specialized gear. No issues.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
N+1 It Never Stops

DaveL

by DaveL

I bought a bike off them last year, with tour discount code. spoke to them on the phone a few times and emailed them, had no problems at all, would deal with them again.

Dave

airwise

by airwise

They are now my bike shop of choice and have been for a year or so. Remarkably good service compared to Sigma Sport ( who were my previous supplier) - a breath of fresh air.

nismosr

by nismosr

sorry to open this thread again, but primera sports has the cheapest lightweight wheels outside the US. is it safe to get the wheels from them and shipping it to the US.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2022 Ridley Kanzo Adv Rival/GX AXS-Zipp 303s
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2022 Basso Palta 2-Rival/GX AXS-Zipp 303s
2023 Colnagno G3X-SRAM Force-Levante

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Do they take off VAT for residents outside of the EU/UK ?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

stephen@fibre-lyte
in the industry

by stephen@fibre-lyte

claus wrote:
dynaserve wrote:Perhaps they are busy. They are a very reputable UK shop.

The first mail was sent in December 2011, and the next one in March 2012. No reply at all. But that's just my very brief experience with them (maybe they didn't reply because I didn't buy from them before, or maybe it wasn't just worth their time...)

A point I always come back to when someone says they've never got a reply is how do you know that your email got there in the first place? Try a quick phone call, ask them if they got your mail then you can go from there. We've had people before who've wondered why I've not replied to an email and 99 .9 percent of the time it's because I've never seen it.

For the record, I dealt with Primera years ago and they were very good, however that was for a specific item so I've not had any need to deal with them since.

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

I am in and out of their 2 shops in the UK all the time, they are quality guys, they'll advise you with the same enthusiasm on gels as they will on a new steed. Check out their facebook page, loads of people on Bikes heading out their doors. The amount of footfall they have in modest sized shops it doesn't surprise me if they struggle to reply to emails. I have seen lightweights in their stores....they exist put it that way!

sungod

by sungod

nismosr wrote:sorry to open this thread again, but primera sports has the cheapest lightweight wheels outside the US. is it safe to get the wheels from them and shipping it to the US.

i've used primera, they're fine

but i'd be *really* surprised if a uk retailer was cheapest for lw though, as far as i know authorized lw retailers stick to list price, and i think uk list price is significantly higher than eurozone list price

within eu there is freedom of commerce, so you can buy in any country without restriction or impact on warranty, but for a non-eu sale it may be different - certainly there are usa manufacturers who don't allow shipping outside usa

you may also have to pay import duty to usa customs

claus

by claus

stephen@fibre-lyte wrote:A point I always come back to when someone says they've never got a reply is how do you know that your email got there in the first place?

The mails were delivered to their mailserver (I'm running my own MTA with a proper setup so I can check the logs). What happens afterwards is up to them -- if their anti-whatever software has too many false positives, then that's not good...

Anyway, it certainly wasn't worth the time/money to call them: the item I asked about where Lightweight brake pads: their website asks for something like $100 for shipping when you try to order them (maybe mistaking the pads for wheels?).

For the fun of it I just tried it again:

Lightweight Brake Pads - campagnolo $60.71
Shipping:
Delivery: $121.45
Discount: $0.00
Total: $194.30

Hmm, that doesn't even add up properly. I guess there is something "hidden" under "Shipping" that wasn't shown (or didn't copy&paste properly)?