31,6mm setback and light... possible?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

audiojan

by audiojan

I just built up my Parlee Z5 and got a New Ultimate seatpost for it. My math was slightly off though and I need another 20-25mm setback... Here's what I'm looking for... something that is light (realistically, probably not possible as light as the New Ultimate, but I would like to be close...), something that can handle 165-170 lbs (the heaviest I get in off season), something with about 20-25mm offset, if at all possible white (not a deal breaker though... I can always paint it if I see the need) and I'd like to spend less than $250... is that possible at all? Any recommendations?

... and yes, did a search, but either my search was wrong or it's just not that many threads...
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

fa63

by fa63

Woodman Carbo DX
3T Dorico LTD

New Ultimate also makes a setback aluminum seatpost.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sedluk

by sedluk

You can get lighter than the New Ultimate with an Ax Lightness setback seatpost. Most are black but I have seen special order silver. They cost more but will be around 110 grams depending on the length.

audiojan

by audiojan

sedluk wrote:You can get lighter than the New Ultimate with an Ax Lightness setback seatpost. Most are black but I have seen special order silver. They cost more but will be around 110 grams depending on the length.

Can I use an AX? I'm 165 to 170lbs at my heaviest in the off season (so I enter the season close to max...). I thought AX wasn't strong enough...
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

It'll probably void the warranty.
Speedplay is the devil!

sungod

by sungod

ax daedalus seatpost is rated for 85kg, plenty of margin if you are 170lb max

fwiw i use the ax europa, same weight limit and i'm about same max weight as you

PSM

by PSM

http://www.rosebikes.se/artikel/xtreme- ... aid:488796" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Same as PRO "Vibe" 2009. 156 gr to to 300mm. ;)
Attachments
1Pro.jpg

audiojan

by audiojan

sungod wrote:ax daedalus seatpost is rated for 85kg, plenty of margin if you are 170lb max

fwiw i use the ax europa, same weight limit and i'm about same max weight as you

I thought it was rated for 165lbs...

sungod

by sungod

http://ax-lightness.de/en/cycling/bike- ... /daedalus/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

85kg

they have other setback posts, the ax2100 and ax2200, with a lower limit
Last edited by sungod on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

audiojan

by audiojan

oh, I didn't realize that! 85kg gives me plenty of margin...

fitty4

by fitty4

ritchey superlogic 150 gr for 300mm. Price: seen on ebay for 170 dollars

audiojan

by audiojan

Ok, Ax Lightness Daedalus it is. Wish it was white to match the frame, but guess you can't have it all...

tonytourist

by tonytourist

That's a bummer that the NU didn't work out :(
Hopefully you can find a deal on the AX :thumbup:

audiojan

by audiojan

tonytourist wrote:That's a bummer that the NU didn't work out :(
Hopefully you can find a deal on the AX :thumbup:

Did already! :D

The New Ultimate works fantastic, it's just that my math was off by about 20mm... When I did my trig I thought I would end up within 2mm of my Look 595, but the zero offset put me my further forward than what I calculated... I re-did my math and found my error... Really too bad, because the NU looks amazing on the Parlee...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DJT21

by DJT21

One of these?

http://www.zipp.com/seatposts/slspeed-c ... ost--20-/#

Not super light, but its solid and has a good clamp.