cannondale sisl2 + new compression plug details

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

Just heard back from Cannondale Experts on the new plugs - they tried to order but were not given a shipping date. Their guess is middle of the month.

I'm keeping an eye out...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tcurtbike
Best Freak bike poster

by tcurtbike

From some guy on RBR forums:

First. The new 109mm set up will accommodate SRM without any modification.

Second. The SISL2 cranks do not require the new spindle. You should be able to mix and match the new arms with the old spindle.

Lastly, still not sure about clearance of the spidering on the old spindle.

Here's a pic of the non drive side of my spindle, it is indeed drilled.

Seeing a photo seals the deal for me. Just gotta get the new BB set then!

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

skinnywellfed wrote:ms6073;
So for your 170mm SiSL2 arms you just purchased, does it appear that the curvature of the arms is NOT symmetrical when compared to one another?

i was wondering about this and took a look at some sisl2 and standard sisl arm sets.
first, the new arms are symmetric. the offset seems more distinct, less gradual.
second, the old arms are Asymmetric. left arm is more offset.
the new arms have the same offset as the old right arm.

timzcat

by timzcat

So now the obvious question is Q-factor. What does it measure out as on the SiSL2 crankset.
Is it 146 with the new spindle? If it is now 146 then using the old spindle would still produce the prior 141 and also show they really are interchangable since arms to chainstays clearance would not be much different.

Dustin

by Dustin

Radom question -

Will the Sworks lockring tool work on the SI lockring?

roselend
Shop Wrench

by roselend

Yes, exact same thing.

Ufgators

by Ufgators

The old si sl hollowgram cranks with old spindle have a 141mm q factor, my guess is this new one will be more... can anyone confirm?

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Im still waiting for the spindle KP248 to become available... My SRM is running flawlessly though with my modded shoulder lathed off the 104mm on the EVO though.. I would like to get that NDS crank displaced a hair further out...

Ufgators

by Ufgators

ParisCarbon wrote:Im still waiting for the spindle KP248 to become available... My SRM is running flawlessly though with my modded shoulder lathed off the 104mm on the EVO though.. I would like to get that NDS crank displaced a hair further out...

Do you have calipers to measure the offset with si sl arms and your modified spindle?

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Sorry.. don't have.. really in the end the whole thing is only shifted about 1-1.5mm more to DS to clear the SRM...

The current setup is this from Drive to Non drive side:
SRM - SRAM 2.5mm spacer - 2 Cannondale Black Pastic Spacers - SRM KP197 bearing kit - 1 Black Plastic Spacer, Wavy Washer, NDS Crank

Running flawless and turns smoother than it did on my SuperSix....

Vallinotti

by Vallinotti

I installed my SRM with sisl2 exactly as discribe here above, but SRM spider instead the SpideRing.

http://media.cannondale.com/media/uploads/blog/files/SISL2_Road_Crankset_Instr_1012.pdf

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

Any news on the new compression plug availability? I assume it works much better than some of the alternatives. Looks well designed.

ms6073

by ms6073

Vallinotti wrote:I installed my SRM with sisl2 exactly as discribe here
So does that mean you were able to obtain an as yet not available in the USA, 109mm SISL2 spindle?
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Vuong05

by Vuong05

NWSAlpine wrote:Any news on the new compression plug availability? I assume it works much better than some of the alternatives. Looks well designed.

Same here, any news on availability? I went into my LBS and they were still waiting for Cannondale to reply back with an update on availability.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

I just read the instructions that Vallinotti so kindly posted.
Flowing Loctite 242 into the spline area is weird. I've always used 609 there.
And what the heck is an asymmetric 73mm shell? (mountain bike 73mm shells are symmetric) And what's it doing on a road crank instruction sheet?