Anyone removed the decal/branding on KCNC C7 brakes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

I've just got a pair of KCNC C7 brakes with the old branding on them and it's pretty hideous to be honest. Has anyone successfully removed it off without screwing up the finish on the brakes themselves?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Werdna

by Werdna

If I am correct, those logos are laser-etched. That means you will have to remove the current anodized layer and re-anodize it a solid color.

irf3

by irf3

They are laser etched, I tried to get mine off but basically just rubbed down to the aluminium. They break down really well though, it might be best to just paint them.

artray

by artray

you can easily take the brakes apart . Allen key if I remember in the holes at the side . You then could just spray that one section. or get that section re anodized .

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Thanks for the responses. I'll mull it over and have a think on what to do next.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Cool so the courier just delivered these, they are second hand. How do you make them feel less kind of grindy when they move? I'm guessing there might be a roller that needs replacing or lubing or something? Can anyone tell me?

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Yeah I do like that newer version but I wasn't going to pass these up for $120 less than a new pair. But yeah how do you keep them smooth, they are a little gritty when you squeeze them together

1415chris

by 1415chris

I recall few times when the rear one was a bit gritty, after wet rides. A bit of lube between moving arms always made them silent. Haven't noticed this problem for long time since.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Cool! I'll dismantle them at home and give them a good clean and lube before chucking them on the bike I think. Glad they came with new Swiss Stop pads for alloy and carbon rims. Bonus!

yeagermeister

by yeagermeister

Do they feel gritty when you squeeze them by the pads? Try squeezing them by the cable pinch bolt and adjusting barrel. Mine felt gritty brand new when I squeezed them together with the pads but felt perfect when being used with a cable. Try it before you pull them apart.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

How did you know? :D Yes noticeable difference doing it at the cable stop. I'll just lube the moving parts then and go from there. Thanks for the advice :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com