cycleops indoor trainer or Proform Tour de France trainer

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

nismosr

by nismosr

was wondering if any members have any experience in any of the 2 indoor trainer above. thanks
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2022 Ridley Kanzo Adv Rival/GX AXS-Zipp 303s
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2022 Basso Palta 2-Rival/GX AXS-Zipp 303s
2023 Colnagno G3X-SRAM Force-Levante

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

My mother had the proform, I was initially excited when I tried it but it has one major flaw; the handlebar/computer section could not be tightened to the point of not wiggling. It was a significant enough movement to really throw off my ability to do good workouts. The other thing that I didn't really like was the shape of the bars themselves, not the most comfortable things to use.

When you talk about the cycleops indoor trainer do you mean the full bike setup or like a kinetic style device? I assume you mean the full bike because of your interest in the proform, but it might be nice to clarify!

Hope I helped!

Edit- Also forgot one thing, the proform was the 2011 model and I vaguely remember seeing a commercial durring this years tour for a new one but I'm not sure how much they changed.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rick

by Rick

I have a CycleOps Fluid2 that I am very happy with.

My impression is that Proform is a company that makes all sorts of exercise machines whenever there is a new fad for that type of exercise. Most that I have seen are sort of cheap and flimsy (elliptical trainers and treadmills). They then market heavily with infomercials, etc.

CycleOps makes serious training equipment for racing cyclists.

But I could be wrong. I have not seen the Proform trainer in person.

nismosr

by nismosr

Thank you ,
Yes the cycleops indoor training bike. I'm reading a lot of horrible review on the proform tdf. I think i'm going to stay away of the proform.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2022 Ridley Kanzo Adv Rival/GX AXS-Zipp 303s
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2022 Basso Palta 2-Rival/GX AXS-Zipp 303s
2023 Colnagno G3X-SRAM Force-Levante

drhule23

by drhule23

Get a REAL indoor trainer for your REAL bicycle. The Proform is all marketing hype.
The more you suffer, the closer you get to transcendence.
It's not the mountain you're climbing, it's yourself. If you don't want to know, stay at the bottom.